GIS systems for OS/2

Post by j52.. » Sat, 16 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello!

>I wonder if there is any GIS systems available for OS/2, free or commercial.
>I remember I heard sometime ago that some company in the UK has a commercial
>GIS for OS/2, I don't remember the name of the company or the software.

Doesn't MapInfo have a OS/2 version

GIS systems for OS/2

Post by rowe.. » Sat, 16 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>Hello!

>I wonder if there is any GIS systems available for OS/2, free or commercial.
>I remember I heard sometime ago that some company in the UK has a commercial
>GIS for OS/2, I don't remember the name of the company or the software.

>I guess it wouldn't be too hard to port GRASS.

>Riku Turkia

>--
>Riku Turkia
>Torikatu 28 B 16
>80100  JOENSUU
>Puh.(973) 221 520

Tydac Technologies (http://www.tydac.com) at one time had
SPANS GIS and SPANS MAP for OS/2. It was not long after the
Windows Version of SPANS MAP that the OS/2 version fell
behind in functionality.

Tydac was (thankfully) recently purchased by PCI, makers of an
image processing system call EASI/PACE. This software is also available
in OS/2! PCI hopefully will keep their cross platform support

cheers

GIS systems for OS/2

Post by markoli » Sat, 16 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>IBM has just announced a GIS which it has developed for OS/2

TYDAC Technologies has had an OS2 product for years. Check out the SPANS family
of software products.

GIS systems for OS/2

Post by Byron Bo » Sun, 17 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hello!

>I wonder if there is any GIS systems available for OS/2, free or commercial.
>I remember I heard sometime ago that some company in the UK has a commercial
>GIS for OS/2, I don't remember the name of the company or the software.

Look at this w3 page.

http://triton.cms.udel.edu/~oliver/gis_gip/macvms.html

-bb

1. GIS systems for OS/2 --Check out SPANS

        Check out TYDAC TECH.  ask about their SPANS system;

TYDAC tech. has a GIS they call SPANS.  It was developed for OS/2, from the
ground up.  Not only is it an OS/2 based GIS, it is one of the BEST GIS's on the
market.  It has too many features here to list, suffice it to say that only series
power users will find functions that they may not support.

This OS/2 app is probably one of the best OS/2 PM apps written.  The company has
been involved with OS/2 since version 1.1.  They know OS/2.  The GIS is
also available under UNIX.

Brian

2. Z88 - what'll she do, mister?

3. OS/2 GIS

4. error on autoplay of cdplayer.exe on audio

5. GIS software under OS/2?

6. pop time field

7. GIS program for OS/2 ?

8. for Sana Charani

9. Atlas GIS for Win 2.0 under OS/2 2.11

10. DOS problems on a 4.3 Gi

11. ATLAS GIS for Windows

12. Some comments about gi, wor & boulder . . .

13. Atlas GIS won't work in Warp.