LAMail Won't send mail

Post by St.. » Mon, 26 Sep 1994 23:28:58

I can't get LAMail to send any mail I try to send. It will receive through sendmail
though.

Could someone possible mail me a few pointers to help to sort this out.

Thanks.

Steve.

/------------------------------------\

| Fidonet  : 2:259/62                |
\------------------------------------/

LAMail Won't send mail

Post by Dana Well » Thu, 29 Sep 1994 02:41:23

  This is becoming a FAQ.  All you need to do is to add these lines to your
sendmail.cf file.  LaMail doesn't send mail sendmail sends mail

DR{mailhost}
CR{mailhost}

  I have included a few lines above the one that is needed inorder to
place the line in the correct place.  Also make sure you use a editor the
keeps the tabs intact (the system editor works fine).

#  names, which are local.
#

# from my local Sun workstation, hopefully adds in the ($R) gateway

|> I can't get LAMail to send any mail I try to send. It will receive through sendmail
|> though.
|>
|> Could someone possible mail me a few pointers to help to sort this out.
|>

|> Thanks.
|>
|> Steve.
|>

|> /------------------------------------\

|> | Fidonet  : 2:259/62                |
|> \------------------------------------/

LAMail Won't send mail

Post by Jon Mor » Thu, 29 Sep 1994 03:42:44

Quote:

>I can't get LAMail to send any mail I try to send. It will receive through sendmail
>though.

>Could someone possible mail me a few pointers to help to sort this out.

Let me have a copy of your sendmail.cf and I'll see if I can spot anything
wrong with it ... Also, what version of sendmail and tcpip are you running?

Ciao,
B-)arney
========

     Barney's Rubble BBS - Region 25 Internet Gateway - Opus Development
Telephone:  +44-21-446-6257 v21-v32bis/HST/Lap-M/etc Fidonet: 2:2500/153.0

1. LaMail: Recieves, but won't send

Everytime I try to use LaMail to send a message, it says:

Sendmail.exe not found in PATH or LAMPATH.

However, I have checked and sendmail.exe is in several locations within my path.

Has anyone else encounetered this problem?  If so, how did you fix it?  Incidentally,
this is on a LAN, not a dialup.

-John

2. Problem after SP5 on NW5

3. PMMail - Won't send or Queue Mail

4. Announce: Simkin the embedded scripting language

5. Got latest Ultimail fix, now mail won't send!

6. System.NullReferenceException on using INSTALLUTIL

7. LaMail and LamPOP... Problems sending mail

8. remotely monitor your Windows servers?

9. Sendmail won't send mail!

10. UltiMail - receives but won't send - mail remains in queue

11. LaMail error sending mail :-/

12. Ultimail receives but won't send - mail in queue

13. Nelogic newsreader won't send mail