Boolean search tool?

Post by Andy Berr » Sun, 23 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know if there is an app to do boolean text searches?  Even
better, any idea how to set up WordPro to do them? I've checked the
online help for WordPro, but found no mention of how to do such a
thing.  Is it possible to make a macro to do this?
Thanks.
-Andy

1. In desperate need of a boolean search tool

Do you know of a search tool that works like
OS/2's "Seek and scan files" utility but will let
me use boolean operators while searching for
a file on my hard disk.  I have been using a very
old DOS program called "Gopher", but I have
outgrown the capabilities of that program.
There must be something that will work for me.
I work under WARP4 but I have kept everything
FAT so I can also use any DOS or Win 3.1 programs
you know of.  I would prefer an OS/2 program for
any speed advantage that might give me.

For example if I want to search for a report that
my be on my hard drive(s) that mention a
"big smelly pink hog" I want to be able to
say find: "(big or large) and (smelly or stinky) and
(hog or pig)" and have my computer find it for me.

I'm not locked into the above format it's just and example
of what I want to do.  I'm not interested in searching
the net, just my hard drive.
Thank you
###########################
David DeBar
Providing professional patent searching
performed at the U.S. Patent Office.

2. Using Ghost PE and NetBios to backup laptop to *.gho image on desktop

3. Looking for boolean search tool

4. SNMP MIB sample files

5. In desperate need of a boolean search tool

6. Disabled toolbar button

7. App for boolean searches?

8. configuration autocad 2k for plotter hp 1050c

9. Search for case tool

10. Searching for tools to create www-anims

11. Searching tool for matching string.

12. Searching for some very special tools..

13. Searching process/thread information tool