Digital cameras

Post by Wayne Bickel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

Someone was asking recently about drivers for digital
cameras and it was suggested he take a look at the
Sony Digital Mavica line. Well, I was looking at the
prices from several vendors in the US and then went to
a computer store here in Tokyo to compare. There are
two models available in the US, the MVC FD5 and FD7
theses have recently been superceeded here by the
FD51 and FD71. They have an improved shutter speed
and the FD71 is noticably slimmer than the FD7.

Unfortunately, I couldn't resist and did severe damage
to my credit card. My wife is going to skin me alive.

I've only taken a couple of shots with it but so far I'm
impressed with it simplicity. Having recently registered
PMView I can safely say I have a great combination.

Now, what to do with my Kodak DC-20.....?

Cheers

Wayne

           Remove Viking food to reply
Wayne Bickell
Tokyo, Japan

    Beer, not just a breakfast food anymore
Windows: Bill Gate's dream, a users nightmare

Digital cameras

Post by Jack Bowli » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 13:45:53, "Wayne Bickell"

> Hi,

> Someone was asking recently about drivers for digital
> cameras and it was suggested he take a look at the
> Sony Digital Mavica line. Well, I was looking at the
> prices from several vendors in the US and then went to
> a computer store here in Tokyo to compare. There are
> two models available in the US, the MVC FD5 and FD7
> theses have recently been superceeded here by the
> FD51 and FD71. They have an improved shutter speed
> and the FD71 is noticably slimmer than the FD7.

<snip>

That someone was me. Thanks for the heads up on the new model. I was
just about to suckup to my finance department for the FD7 but will
wait to see if I can get the 71 now. And the added bonus of virtually
no shutter sound or movement just adds to the utility of the digital
camera (astronomy has been using it for years, of course, but equally
applicable to wildlife photography or industrial uses).

----------------
Jack Bowling

Digital cameras

Post by Wayne Bickel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

:>That someone was me. Thanks for the heads up on the new model. I was
:>just about to suckup to my finance department for the FD7 but will
:>wait to see if I can get the 71 now. And the added bonus of virtually
:>no shutter sound or movement just adds to the utility of the digital
:>camera (astronomy has been using it for years, of course, but equally
:>applicable to wildlife photography or industrial uses).
:>
:>----------------
:>Jack Bowling

I also forgot to mention improved battery life, up to 2.5 hours
or 2000 shots with a full charge! That's without flash of course.

I like the idea of being able to delete individual pictures or
all pictures from the disk and format floppies in the camera
and do a full diskcopy or copy individual pictures to another
disk. There are 4 recording modes, normal VGA, e-mail,
bitmap and multi. Also, high, normal and low flash levels and
an AE mode. So far I'm pleased with it.

Good luck

Wayne

           Remove Viking food to reply
Wayne Bickell
Tokyo, Japan

    Beer, not just a breakfast food anymore
Windows: Bill Gate's dream, a users nightmare

1. Digital Cameras and OS/2 -- Upload to camera

        My Olympus 450Z can accept images taken on the camera being uploaded
back into the camera -- but not if they have been edited.  There must
be something strange about the flavor of JPG the camera wants.  I'd
like to know of any software OS/2 or not which can upload back to the
camera -- or write to a PCMCIA card that can then be used by the
camera.

2. "insufficient ressource" problem - how to find the reason?

3. Use a USB Digital Camera in OS/2!

4. Detecting previous instance of Excel?

5. Sony Mavica digital camera

6. Dysan Blanks and "overburn" audio?

7. Capturing images from digital camera's

8. device driver for Archive Viper QIC tape

9. Updated: DCITU for OS/2 (digital camera support)

10. OS/2 and digital cameras that also record sound

11. JCam: Software for any Digital Camera, any OS

12. Transfer from Digital Camera possible?

13. Kodak DC40 digital camera?