DeScribe with Epson LQ loses top of page

DeScribe with Epson LQ loses top of page

Post by Martin B. Brillia » Sun, 28 Apr 1996 04:00:00



I just downloaded the DeScribe demo, installed it in OS/2 2.1 for
Windows, and printed the demo document on my Epson LQ-500 printer.

The document looks good on the screen, but on the printer the top inch
and a half of each page is missing. The page image is move up that
much on the page, the top part of the page image never prints, and
there is an extra inch and a half of white space at the bottom of the
page.

I don't have this problem when I print from PMChart on the same
printer, or when I print from DeScribe on my HP DeskJet. Is there a
fix? Has anybody else had the same problem, or not had the same
problem with the same setup?

                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ

 
 
 

DeScribe with Epson LQ loses top of page

Post by Jason F. McBray » Sun, 28 Apr 1996 04:00:00




Quote:>I just downloaded the DeScribe demo, installed it in OS/2 2.1 for
>Windows, and printed the demo document on my Epson LQ-500 printer.

>The document looks good on the screen, but on the printer the top inch
>and a half of each page is missing. The page image is move up that
>much on the page, the top part of the page image never prints, and
>there is an extra inch and a half of white space at the bottom of the
>page.

>I don't have this problem when I print from PMChart on the same
>printer, or when I print from DeScribe on my HP DeskJet. Is there a
>fix? Has anybody else had the same problem, or not had the same
>problem with the same setup?

It's a problem with the Epson LQ (OMNI) driver in OS/2 2.1 and
DeScribe.  I had the same problem when I used OS/2 2.1; when I
upgraded to Warp, it went away.  So, the fix is to upgrade at least
your printer driver to the level supplied with Warp.  Maybe you can
find the new driver on the OS/2 Drivers site, or just upgrade to
Warp.  As a workaround, you can increase your top margins to 1.5
inches when you print to the Epson.  This prevents the cutoff, and
doesn't really seem to actually increase the margin.

--------------------------------------------------------+

Cosmic indifference sure is a drag. -- Akbar (or Jeff)  |

 
 
 

DeScribe with Epson LQ loses top of page

Post by Paul Co » Mon, 29 Apr 1996 04:00:00



Quote:

> It's a problem with the Epson LQ (OMNI) driver in OS/2 2.1 and
> DeScribe.  I had the same problem when I used OS/2 2.1; when I
> upgraded to Warp, it went away.  So, the fix is to upgrade at least
> your printer driver to the level supplied with Warp.  Maybe you can
> find the new driver on the OS/2 Drivers site, or just upgrade to
> Warp.  As a workaround, you can increase your top margins to 1.5
> inches when you print to the Epson.  This prevents the cutoff, and
> doesn't really seem to actually increase the margin.

I remember logging into DeScribe's BBS and reading a fix for this
problem -- it involved defining a custom form or paper size that were
slightly different from the defaults. You might want to send mail to
DeScribe support -- they probably still have the info.
 
 
 

DeScribe with Epson LQ loses top of page

Post by DeScribe, In » Mon, 29 Apr 1996 04:00:00




>> It's a problem with the Epson LQ (OMNI) driver in OS/2 2.1 and
>> DeScribe.  I had the same problem when I used OS/2 2.1; when I
>> upgraded to Warp, it went away.  So, the fix is to upgrade at least
>> your printer driver to the level supplied with Warp.  Maybe you can
>> find the new driver on the OS/2 Drivers site, or just upgrade to
>> Warp.  As a workaround, you can increase your top margins to 1.5
>> inches when you print to the Epson.  This prevents the cutoff, and
>> doesn't really seem to actually increase the margin.

>I remember logging into DeScribe's BBS and reading a fix for this
>problem -- it involved defining a custom form or paper size that were
>slightly different from the defaults. You might want to send mail to
>DeScribe support -- they probably still have the info.

Most of these problem types are also covered on the Web page
http://www.describe.com
 
 
 

DeScribe with Epson LQ loses top of page

Post by traym.. » Mon, 29 Apr 1996 04:00:00



Quote:>I just downloaded the DeScribe demo, installed it in OS/2 2.1 for
>Windows, and printed the demo document on my Epson LQ-500 printer.

>The document looks good on the screen, but on the printer the top inch
>and a half of each page is missing. The page image is move up that
>much on the page, the top part of the page image never prints, and
>there is an extra inch and a half of white space at the bottom of the
>page.

>I don't have this problem when I print from PMChart on the same
>printer, or when I print from DeScribe on my HP DeskJet. Is there a
>fix? Has anybody else had the same problem, or not had the same
>problem with the same setup?

Its a problem with the Epson printer driver.  The workaround
is to simply define another form for the paper.

I called mine Normal.  It had all of the standard letter size
definitions.

===========================================================
Terry Raymond       Smalltalk Professional Debug Package
Crafted Smalltalk   *Breakpoints* and *Watchpoints* for
19 Tilley Ave.                  VW and Envy
Newport, RI  02840

<a href="http://www2.pcix.com/~traymond/"> Crafted Smalltalk</a>
===========================================================

 
 
 

DeScribe with Epson LQ loses top of page

Post by Martin B. Brillia » Tue, 30 Apr 1996 04:00:00






> >I just downloaded the DeScribe demo, installed it in OS/2 2.1 for
> >Windows, and printed the demo document on my Epson LQ-500 printer.

> >The document looks good on the screen, but on the printer the top inch
> >and a half of each page is missing....
> It's a problem with the Epson LQ (OMNI) driver in OS/2 2.1 and
> DeScribe.  I had the same problem when I used OS/2 2.1; when I
> upgraded to Warp, it went away.  So, the fix is to upgrade at least
> your printer driver to the level supplied with Warp....

I found a 1994 version of the Epson driver on the IBM web site and
used it to replace the 1993 version that came with OS/2 2.1. The
result was that I only lost 3/4 inch of the top of each page instead
of an inch and a half.

Quote:> ...  Maybe you can
> find the new driver on the OS/2 Drivers site, or just upgrade to
> Warp.  As a workaround, you can increase your top margins to 1.5
> inches when you print to the Epson.  This prevents the cutoff, and
> doesn't really seem to actually increase the margin.

I'll try that. I thought I tried playing with the top margin, and all
it did was change the amount of space allowed for the page header. But
I'll give it another try.

                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ

 
 
 

1. DeScribe and the Epson LQ-100 printer

Hi All!

Is there anyone out there that uses DeScribe and an Epson LQ-100?

I'm trying to print grey-shades, but whatever percentage of gray I use. It always
comes out of the printer as 100% black.

I know this printer is capable of printing greyshades (dithered) because in Windowze
and Dos it worked perfectly.

I'm using the generic Epson ESC/P2 OS/2 printerdriver.

Anyone?

===============================================================================
Greetz from Maastricht/The Netherlands, Jeffrey < TEAM OS/2 >.

2. Postmaster mail

3. epson LQ-850 not printing... ahhhh

4. Simple custom banner page example wanted

5. Epson LQ-850 printer

6. RemotingConfiguration.RegisterActivatedClientType CAO

7. 2.1 and Epson LQ printer.

8. Conceptual frameworks for system development?

9. Help printing with Epson LQ-510

10. Epson LQ-1060

11. Epson LQ-1000 OS/2 Driver?

12. Epson LQ-570 and Omni driver **BUG**

13. losing resolutions, no-go w/archived d-top, losing icons +more