close WIN-OS2 + heavy swapping -> crash

Post by joac.. » Wed, 13 Oct 1993 17:21:04

Hi!

When I close a WIN-OS2 session while there is heavy paging activity
going on, OS/2 2.1 GA (german language version) has the annoying tendency
to crash with an internal processing fault.
I never had OS/2 crash except under these circumstances so I don't suspect
a hardware related problem.
Is this a known bug? If so, has ibm already published a patch or a workaround?

Post by j.. » Thu, 14 Oct 1993 18:46:39

| Hi!
|
| When I close a WIN-OS2 session while there is heavy paging activity
| going on, OS/2 2.1 GA (german language version) has the annoying tendency
| to crash with an internal processing fault.
| I never had OS/2 crash except under these circumstances so I don't suspect
| a hardware related problem.
| Is this a known bug? If so, has ibm already published a patch or a workaround?

I have been having the same problem. I am currently using a DOS/Windows SQL
on my machine, to check out the functionality. I get this problem every couple
of days, which then means that I have to rebuild the database! I have reported
the problem to IBM with a PMR. I think the problem is a TRAP000e, but some
of the crashes do not tell you what has happend they only give you the IPE bit.
If I get some information about the problem I will post it to the net.
--
Jon Gough                       | The Olymipcs,
TRUST Project                   | Puts the Country on the World Map