BOOTMNGR says 2nd HD's is bad..

Post by Alex Nolas » Wed, 19 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I have a conner 850( master) and a 1024 fujitsu( slave ) HDs, and I would
like OS/2's bootmananager installed.  However, OS/2's FDISK keeps
telling me that the 2nd HD might be corrupted ;thus, it won't even let me
installed bootmanager.

Both HDs are setup using LBA and are paritioned.. what could this be? I
used the same HD ( master ) before to accomplish so, but the BIOS was
different.. Hmmm

bye

BOOTMNGR says 2nd HD's is bad..

:
:Both HDs are setup using LBA and are paritioned.. what could this be? I
:used the same HD ( master ) before to accomplish so, but the BIOS was
:different.. Hmmm

Boot-manager has to be within the 1st 1024 cylinders of the 1st hard drive
which is also the "boot drive"; boot-manager can only start an OS on the
2nd drive but not reside there.

BOOTMNGR says 2nd HD's is bad..

Post by awh.. » Sun, 23 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a conner 850( master) and a 1024 fujitsu( slave ) HDs, and I would
[...]
>Both HDs are setup using LBA and are paritioned.. what could this be? I
>used the same HD ( master ) before to accomplish so, but the BIOS was
>different.. Hmmm

Don't install Boot Manager on the second drive.  It must be installed on the
first drive.  If there is no space on your first drive then get Partition Magic
or one of the Partition re-sizers for LINUX.

BM must reside on the first drive.
Anthony White, Melbourne, Australia

WWW Home-page: http://www.hk.net/~awhite

1. IAK says I'm not connected to provider but I am!

I have a very strange problem. I connect to my provider and everything seems
to work fine. I can run the WEB browser perfectly without a hickup. However
when I try telnet or ftp both of them tell me that I'm not connected to my
service provider and provides me with the option of connecting or not
connecting. If I choose to not connect, the applications work normally.
However if I start a second application it says that I'm not connected to
my service provider however I don't get a choice like I do for the first
app, it just says try again once you are connected and then quits. This
effectively means I can't use 2 TCP/IP apps at the same time! So much for
multitasking!

I'm using Warp red box with all native OS/2 apps.

Thanks for any info.
--      .     +------------------------------------------------------------+

   \_,--\_/   | "Mmmmmmmm beer..." - Homer Simpson                         |
         v    +------------------------------------------------------------+

2. oraperl on the HP T20

3. Today's TELNET Maintenance is BAD BAD BAD

4. UK8 8-bit Convention 26th September 1999

5. !!!!!!! If you can't say anything good about WIN95, don't say anything!!!!!!!

6. Radicals and Plus/Minus Signs

7. I already have 700mb DOS HD, how do I handle 2nd BM HD?

8. Upgrading CD read only to CD-RW drive

9. 2nd HD is bugging the 1st HD

10. 2nd HD on separate controller, Can't find it! HELP!

11. added 2nd HD - can't access it - SYS 0045 Cannot find Sector Requested

12. Why can't BASEDEV= find my 2nd HD????

13. 2nd HD 4.3 GB - Warp3 won't start