Need some printer help...

Post by Colin Campbel » Fri, 27 Dec 2002 04:32:23

I received an Epson Stylus C82 color ink jet printer as a gift.

I have connected it to my OS/2 PC, downloaded the EPOMNI3E.ZIP file from
Epson Germany's web site, installed the printer by going thru the
Assistance Center / Warpguide / Guidance on Adding a Printer, and now
I'm trying to test it out.  (The printer driver shows that it supports
Epson Stylus models Photo 870, Photo 1270, Color 1160, Color 660, Color
760, and Color 860.  I chose the first in the list, thinking it wouldn't
make any difference.)  I have rebooted since installing the printer.

I have succeeded in printing CONFIG.SYS using the PRINT command.

I tried using EPM to print the README file that came with the Epson
driver, and I got a couple of beeps, and no printing.  I tried opening
Mozilla, bringing in a JPEG file, and printing that, and I'm getting
garbage.  I looked at the Print Properties, and set it to Photo, Letter
size paper, and Portrait orientation.  Now, I get the paper fed through,
and nothing printed on it.  I tried Netscape with the same results.

I noticed that the README says that different DLL files are used to
support different printers, but the install process copied all 12 of
them to C:\OS2\DLL\EPOMNI3.

Any ideas what I've missed?
Thanks,
Colin

Need some printer help...

Post by Mark Dod » Fri, 27 Dec 2002 10:27:53

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002 19:32:23 UTC, Colin Campbell

-> I received an Epson Stylus C82 color ink jet printer as a gift.
->
-> I have connected it to my OS/2 PC, downloaded the EPOMNI3E.ZIP file from
-> Epson Germany's web site

Try ftp://ftp.jp.ibm.com/pub/pspj/os2ddpak/printers/epomn5us.zip  That
has a driver for the C80 which is reported to work with the C82.

Mark

--
Message sent VIA Followup and E-Mail --

--
From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

 http://www.os2voice.org

Need some printer help...

Post by Doug Kneuppe » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 00:04:54

Use the epomni5.exe driver with the C80 option.  I believe this should work.
Doug Kneupper

Need some printer help...

Post by swee.. » Tue, 31 Dec 2002 20:49:02

unseeing, uncaring universe:

Quote:> -> I received an Epson Stylus C82 color ink jet printer as a gift.
> ->
> -> I have connected it to my OS/2 PC, downloaded the EPOMNI3E.ZIP file from
> -> Epson Germany's web site

> Try ftp://ftp.jp.ibm.com/pub/pspj/os2ddpak/printers/epomn5us.zip  That
> has a driver for the C80 which is reported to work with the C82.

The C82 is the same printer as the C80 ! !

Epson upped the number specifically for the 'higher priced' resellers
to artificially
differentiate the C82 from the C80, which goes to the 'bottom line'
merchants.
Thus the shopper can't say: "But I found a better price at Cheapsters;
you have to
match it!!." "No, that is a *different* printer."

Same deal as with washers & dryers- each store gets their own special
model
numbers.
--
sp
~~~~

Need some printer help...

Post by Colin Campbel » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 06:47:33

Well, of course I was hoping it was close enough to use the same driver, and if
it could, then I'd assume that whatever might be "new and different" wouldn't
work for me on OS/2.  And I have to admit I didn't try to compare C80 and C82
specifications.  I mostly assumed that C82 was a replacement for the C80 (and I
didn't see both in one place).

So, I guess I'm only a little disappointed to learn they're "the same".  At least
I have a working color printer on OS/2.

> unseeing, uncaring universe:

> > -> I received an Epson Stylus C82 color ink jet printer as a gift.
> > ->
> > -> I have connected it to my OS/2 PC, downloaded the EPOMNI3E.ZIP file from
> > -> Epson Germany's web site

> > Try ftp://ftp.jp.ibm.com/pub/pspj/os2ddpak/printers/epomn5us.zip  That
> > has a driver for the C80 which is reported to work with the C82.

> The C82 is the same printer as the C80 ! !

> Epson upped the number specifically for the 'higher priced' resellers
> to artificially
> differentiate the C82 from the C80, which goes to the 'bottom line'
> merchants.
> Thus the shopper can't say: "But I found a better price at Cheapsters;
> you have to
> match it!!." "No, that is a *different* printer."

> Same deal as with washers & dryers- each store gets their own special
> model
> numbers.
> --
> sp
> ~~~~

1. NEED HELP: I need a PRINTER DRIVER for Star NX-2400 !!

Hi, does anyone know where I can get a printer driver for the STAR NX-2400
printer ??

Any relevant info is welcomed.
Thanks.

This is Harry --  AKA Stranger...  Hee, Hee, Hee,

 "Go ahead, Make my day!!"  --  Clint Eastwood

2. Best printer for about £100

3. Okidata printer ol-400 --- need drivers -- help help

4. Benchmarks for embedded controllers

5. Need printer driver for an Epson FX-100 printer or equiv.

6. A few questions about C for MSX

7. Canon Printer, a Belgian needs help :-)

8. Extra bar Fixed Icons

9. Help needed with Epson Printer

10. Help needed on printer

11. help need printer driver for apple stylewriter..!

12. Need help selecting new laser printer (Postscript)

13. Need help with drive/printer sharing