HELP: OS/2 beta wont install from SCSI CD-ROM to IDE Hard drive

HELP: OS/2 beta wont install from SCSI CD-ROM to IDE Hard drive

Post by Divya Sundar » Sat, 06 Mar 1993 01:09:27

Hi all,

I am trying to install the OS/2 2.1 beta from the CD ROM (a Texel 3024 on a
Future Domain 1660 controller at IRQ 10) to an IDE hard drive Caviar 2200
(203 MB) (Uses IRQ 14).

It seems that the install will copy to about 60% of the files and then say
that it is time for the OS/2 system configuration "remove the floppy from
the drive and press enter to start OS/2 system configuration" (or some such)

I faithfully comply ... at this point the system reboots and comes up saying
that it cannot find os2krnl and to insert a system diskette and restart the
computer.

I would like any advice regarding this ... I had heard that if you try doing
a lot of data transfer from a SCSI device to a IDE (or vice versa) the computer
hangs .... what can I do to prevent this, or is this a fact of life ...

Any and all help is MUCH appreciated ....

Later
--
Thanks
Divya

Phone:  Office - 517-355-3265

1. SCSI CD-ROM drives vs non-SCSI CD-ROM drives

Hey everybody!

                I just found out that OS/2 2.11 supports non-SCSI CD-ROM
drives such as the Creative Omni-CD drive (I think it is known as that).
Question I have in my mind is: What is going to be the performance trade-off
if I use the non-SCSI version?  I am attracted by the lower price of the
latter so can anyone out there give me some advice?

                Thanks!

P.S. What would be the best non-SCSI CD-ROM drive for OS/2?

2. How to change default fonts to font of choice.

3. Optimum settings for IDE hard drives and IDE CD ROM for speed.

4. Mail Headers, Catch-All + MS Exchange users not getting mailing lists

5. Need help in installing IDE CD-ROM as slave drive.

6. How Caller ID Works

7. os/2 warp install laptop notebook cdrom floppy hard drive cd-rom

8. Performer patches

9. SCSI-2 cards, Mitsumi cd-rom, IDE drive???

10. IDE CD-ROM and SCSI Drive

11. Need help installing w/SCSI CD-ROM hooked to PCMCIA SCSI card

12. Install Problems w/ IDE CD-ROM Drive

13. SCSI drives to IDE drives *or* IDE controller to SCSI controller?