Another UltiMail Omission

Post by Brian R. Lan » Sun, 13 Nov 1994 16:52:24

Here's another basic feature missing from UltiMail Lite:
as far as I can tell, there's no way to save an e-mail as a
file.  Sure, we can go to the command line, but the file names
are not exactly "user friendly".  Or, we can copy the letter to
the clipboard.  But, it just seems to me to be a glaring omission.

Brian Landy

Another UltiMail Omission

Post by G. Wayne Ki » Sun, 20 Nov 1994 06:41:44

>Here's another basic feature missing from UltiMail Lite:
>as far as I can tell, there's no way to save an e-mail as a
>file.  Sure, we can go to the command line, but the file names
>are not exactly "user friendly".  Or, we can copy the letter to
>the clipboard.  But, it just seems to me to be a glaring omission.

>Brian Landy

Have you tried to bring up a context menu on the text of the letter and
then select export.  You will get a file dialog and you can save it then.

Wayne
*    Wayne Kidd   -   Database Man                        *

1. 2.1 Installation Guide Omission?

 I know this may be so obvious that perhaps is shouldn't be considered
an omission on the part of ibm, but the installation guide for 2.1 ga
doesn't mention anything about backing the disks up before you begin.
 Fortunately, it did occur to me (despite my excitement at getting 2.1
installed). The 15th disk was munged beyond any repair. Getting ibm
to ship me a new disk was no big deal except I had to hold the phone for
about an hour of really really bad music.
 I'm still very happy with os/2 and I think the support people are under-
standably busy, but I'm left wondering WHY disk #1 has to be left unpro-
tected. Is there some form of copy protection involved?
 Anyway, for what it's worth, I'd suggest backing up whatever media
you get 1st, just to make sure it's ok. If it's not, I hope you enjoy
Easy Listening muzak more than I.

 Gregg
--

Gregg Hungerford - Boulder Creek, Ca.

2. Gravis and OS/2 - they speak

3. UltiMail Lite - UltiMail quits

4. QUICK! SE/30 Questions

5. Ultimail query for Barbara Stauffer-IBM Ultimail Lite support team

6. once more plz: How do you time a piece of code?

7. Ultimail Lite work with Ultimail Full?

8. fs:x7003a sun original memory

9. Ultimail server for non-Ultimail clients?

10. ultimail - Is anyone having problems with Ultimail for OS/2 Warp?

11. UltiMail/2 Lite (Connect) and UltiMail/2 server?

12. ULTIMAIL LITE: Possible to view JPEG under Ultimail/Lite?

13. Ultimail/2 latest update? (was: Re: Official IBM Notice to Ultimail Lite users)