OS/2 Warp restrictions (security)?????

Post by Carl Westma » Wed, 19 Jun 1996 04:00:00

At my work I have a PC with OS/2 which acts server towards a automatic
warehouse system. I have some proplems with employees who are constantly
fiddling with the system. I would like to get som help on putting up some
restrictions who locks sertan icons on the desktop.

Please repost to this group or mail me directly.

Regards Carl Westman

=-                                                                  -=
=-This is not the end, its not even the begining of the end.  But it-=
=-might be the end of the begining...                               -=
=-                                                                  -=

Post by Jeff Gree » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

--
Jeff Green - Greentrees - All pigs fed and ready to fly.   _--_|\

Fidonet : 3:711/934.20                                          v
Public PGP key file available upon request.

1. Warp and Security - Get Workplace Security from Hobbes (WPSEC102.ZIP)

      Workplace Security Version 1.02 for OS/2 Warp

Workplace Security for OS/2 Warp Version 3.0 provides seamless
object level security for the Workplace Shell. Workplace Security
was developed using System Object Model (SOM) technology.

Workplace Security provides password controlled access to protect
your desktop objects from unauthorized access, tampering or accidental
shredding. Workplace Security prevents "locked" objects from being opened
or having their settings changed without entering the correct password.
It prevents "Locked" objects from being deleted, renamed, moved, copied,
dragged, or from receiving dropped objects.

After installing Workplace Security a new "Password" page is
seamlessly added to the settings notebook for every "folder" type
object on your desktop, including the desktop settings notebook.

Workplace Security is available from a number of sources:

Compuserv - GO OS2USER - Open User forum - WPSEC1.ZIP

 Note: Workplace Security can be registered online
       on Compuserv. GO SWREG - Registration ID: 4733

America Online - OS/2 Forum - System tools library - WPSEC102.ZIP

Internet - ftp-os2.cdrom.com - os2/incoming - WPSEC102.ZIP

Registration is $25.00 USD

Thank you for trying Workplace Security for OS/2 Warp

Mike Rydberg - Maple Valley Software

2. JOB: Software QA Engineer (White Box)

3. Ludicrous bug being left in OS/2 as "permanent restriction"

4. Problem Winsock.dll & Pop client

5. Q: VACPP: restrictions for OS/2 2.11 targets

6. How can I create a additional Public Address Book for external user ?

7. Form action behavior change since Beta 1 - help needed

8. Restrictions for Multi Domain Support TCP/IP in OS/2 ?

9. Some peculiar restrictions on the OS/2 upgrade form

10. C-2 level security for Warp Connect /Warp Server?

11. OS/2 Warp 4.0 Telnet security

12. Security in OS/2 WARP