REGISTRY ?? (V3)

Post by J.. » Sun, 06 Apr 1997 04:00:00

What are the following files good for:

root:\*.dat
\os2\system\name*
\os2\dll\namerexx.dll
\os2\system\ibmdap*
\os2\system\inst_dos.exe

Jens

--

http://online.realtech.de/schlatter/

1. Utilities to clean, repare and backup OS/2 Registry (registry.dat, boot.dat and dos.dat)

Dear Friends:

After trying to install (unsuccessfully) Lotus SmartSuite for OS/2, I
realized that I wasn't protected as I thought with my WPS, Desktop and
OS2*.INI maintenance and repair utilities. Now, after Warp's 3.0
=46ixpack 26, it was necessary to maintain, repair and to backup the
"registry" too!!!

Does somebody know of an utility to repair, maintain and to backup the
registry files (boot.dat, dos.dat and registry.dat)? How do they work?
Are they redundant to the information contained in the OS2*.INI files?
Are they supposed to replace them?

Any hint?

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)

To send me Email, please remove ".nospam" from my Email address
Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

2. Sony DAT drive problems. and Arcserve HELP

3. FP installation stopped any work with registry (BOOT.DAT, DOS.DAT, REGISTRY.DAT) !!!!!

4. msdev error VC++5.0

5. Win v3.1 -> Win4Wrk v3.11

6. Drivers for SVA Apple Disk Controller

7. OS2 V3.0 and NT V3.5 Question

8. Reminder - comp.ai.genetic Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

9. Tident 32bit, 8900c v3.01==ok, 8900b v3.0<>ok

10. Red Warp v3 to Blue Warp Connect v3

11. MS Windows Registry Re: The point of

12. Registry.dat

13. Where is registry for Win32OS2?