Getting rid of the Multimedia Light Table

Getting rid of the Multimedia Light Table

Post by pier.. » Sat, 30 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I'd like to take the Multimedia Light Table off my system, as it takes up space
and no one uses it. However, it's not a normal program or folder. How do I get
rid of the light table, the menu item "Create LT Reference" present in nearly all
desktop menus, and is there any stuff in .ini files or the like that I should remove?
Thanks in advance,

 Shawn Dessaigne                          <<<?!>
/-----------------------------------------------\

|------------------------|escalator." -Dr. McCoy|
|OS/2 Warp, Amiga 500,   |----------------------|
|Apple IIgs, Epson QX-10,|1996 All-South Jersey |
|C= VIC-20, TRS-80 CoCo  |Wind Ensemble Horn SL |
\-----------------------------------------------/

1. De-register Light Table Multimedia Viewer Classes?

I installed the Light Table Multimedia Viewer from the
Warp Bonus Pak and would now like to de-install it.

How can I do this?

There seems to be a SOM class called LTDataFile whose parent
is SOMObject and defined in \MMOS2\DLL\UTLIDATA.DLL.

There is also a class called LTReference whose parent is
WPDataFile and defined in \MMOS2\DLL\UTLTREF.DLL.

Finally, there is a class called LTFolder whose parent is
WPFolder and defined in \MMOS2\DLL\UTLIFLDR.DLL.

I guess what I would like to do is de-register these
classes using REXX. How can I do this safely?
Are there any other classes I need to de-register?

For example, the folder Details View of nearly every data object
shows that nearly every file is a LTDataFile. They all have
"Create LT Reference..." as a choice on their object menus.
If I de-register the three above classes, what will happen
to all of these supposed LTDataFile objects?

Did I install the Light Table Multimedia Viewer incorrectly?
It seems kind of screwy that every data object not associated
with another application gets treated as a LTDataFile.

Thanks for your help. As you can tell, I am a little leary
of blindly de-registering classes in my ignorance. Heck, I
am not even sure if the whole notion of de-registering classes
is really part of the solution to my perceived problem!

--

2. More info: Need help:routing table for 1 eth and n ppp interfaces

3. OD Pro kills Light Tables?

4. spawn command in 7.206

5. I messed up my light table folders

6. Converting 2002 money files to 2006 files

7. Light Table folder problems

8. Any info on modify Xbox to play Japanese games?

9. Light table folders

10. Light Table crashes WPS

11. Light table: support broken?

12. Dragging GIF89a image to light table freaks out swapper.dat

13. Light table crashes when displaying this...