UMail & D/L Binaries?

Post by bene.. » Mon, 05 Dec 1994 23:16:35

How exactly is this done? On my Unix shell I could "extract" the files and
d/l them to my machine. I see no d/l function in UMail.

Thanks,

Alan
-----------------------------
Howard Stern all morning...

Rush Limbaugh all afternoon.

UMail & D/L Binaries?

Post by Lionel B. Dy » Tue, 06 Dec 1994 03:37:09

:>How exactly is this done? On my Unix shell I could "extract" the files and
:>d/l them to my machine. I see no d/l function in UMail.
:>
:>Thanks,
:>
:>Alan

Alan - the binary files are included as binary attachments to a Ultimail letter.
You 'open' the binary attachment and then RMB for the popup menu and then export
it to a real file.

Note that the binary attachment is encoded using the MIME standard so that the
data can traverse the smtp network.

Lionel B. Dyck, OS/2 Advisor (OS2BBS)
*        We cannot do everything at once,                        *
*        but we can do something at once.  Calvin Coolidge       *

UMail & D/L Binaries?

Post by bene.. » Tue, 06 Dec 1994 22:55:08

>Alan - the binary files are included as binary attachments to a Ultimail letter.
>You 'open' the binary attachment and then RMB for the popup menu and then export
>it to a real file.

>Note that the binary attachment is encoded using the MIME standard so that the
>data can traverse the smtp network.

>Lionel B. Dyck, OS/2 Advisor (OS2BBS)

Thanks, got it. I'm having trouble with a very large file, but other than that
it works fine.

Alan