I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Post by Internet Expe » Thu, 09 May 1996 04:00:00



Hi

I need YOUR help for testing the new PPP dialer for OS/2..

The product is called InJOY and is available in an early, but well
featured version..

There are quite many ISP's in the world and in the process of testing
a dialer, the developer will have to get help from possible users.

If you will be helpful in this way, and does not feel like directly
becoming a betatester, then pick up InJOY at

        http://www.belle.dk/~bj/Welcome.html

Give it a try and mail me back your results at


regards
Bjarne Jensen

 
 
 

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Post by Marty Kazmai » Sun, 12 May 1996 04:00:00



Quote:>Hi

>I need YOUR help for testing the new PPP dialer for OS/2..

>The product is called InJOY and is available in an early, but well
>featured version..

>There are quite many ISP's in the world and in the process of testing
>a dialer, the developer will have to get help from possible users.

>If you will be helpful in this way, and does not feel like directly
>becoming a betatester, then pick up InJOY at

>    http://www.belle.dk/~bj/Welcome.html

>Give it a try and mail me back your results at

Does this dialer support connections with NT Servers?  I guess I could just download
it and try it, but so far all of the new dialers I've seen don't have this support.
They logon strictly with pap (or a hybrid of it I think called Shiva) without any
login dialogues.

--

KSC & BSC                                                         Hail Goddess!            FNORD!
"Communication is only possible between equals." --  Hagbard Celine
My ex-wife had two similarities to Tendo Akane...  Cooking and temperament.

 
 
 

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Post by Julien Pier » Mon, 13 May 1996 04:00:00


Hi !




>Does this dialer support connections with NT Servers?  I guess I could just download
>it and try it, but so far all of the new dialers I've seen don't have this support.
>They logon strictly with pap (or a hybrid of it I think called Shiva) without any
>login dialogues.

As far as I know, NT server's RAS (if that's what you mean) uses proprietary
Microsoft encryption, so you are out of luck.
To the IBM guys : please don't try to make a RAS program in OS/2, too, because
it will allow me to connect to our office's NT PPC server and work from home and I
don't want to :p

--

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Julien R. Pierre
// Developer of Digital Sound & Music Interface for OS/2 (DSMI/2)
// http://www.netsrq.com/~madbrain              - DSMI/2 homepage
// http://www.polsci.wvu.edu/Henry/Madbrain     - personal page
// Certified OS/2 Engineer - Multimedia Developer - 1-941-366-5355

 
 
 

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Post by Cathy Artigu » Tue, 14 May 1996 04:00:00



Quote:>Does this dialer support connections with NT Servers?  I guess I could just download
>it and try it, but so far all of the new dialers I've seen don't have this support.
>They logon strictly with pap (or a hybrid of it I think called Shiva) without any
>login dialogues.

Aren't you able to use the dialer that comes with the IAK? My ISP
claims to use NT servers and OS/2 connects to them fine.

Cathy Artigues

 
 
 

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Post by Marty Kazmai » Thu, 16 May 1996 04:00:00



>Hi !




>>Does this dialer support connections with NT Servers?  I guess I could just download
>>it and try it, but so far all of the new dialers I've seen don't have this support.
>>They logon strictly with pap (or a hybrid of it I think called Shiva) without any
>>login dialogues.

>As far as I know, NT server's RAS (if that's what you mean) uses proprietary
>Microsoft encryption, so you are out of luck.

Actually, the IAK dialer connects to my providers dialup NT server.  I'm just looking
for a third party dialer at the moment and so far haven't found any that will
connect to the server (Even ppdial with the iak won't connect because of the
login procedure required.).

--

KSC & BSC                                                         Hail Goddess!            FNORD!
"Communication is only possible between equals." --  Hagbard Celine
My ex-wife had two similarities to Tendo Akane...  Cooking and temperament.

 
 
 

I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Post by Marty Kazmai » Thu, 16 May 1996 04:00:00




>>Does this dialer support connections with NT Servers?  I guess I could just download
>>it and try it, but so far all of the new dialers I've seen don't have this support.
>>They logon strictly with pap (or a hybrid of it I think called Shiva) without any
>>login dialogues.

>Aren't you able to use the dialer that comes with the IAK? My ISP
>claims to use NT servers and OS/2 connects to them fine.

Yeah, the iak dialer works fine (I should have been more specific in my usage of
the word "new" above), but I am looking for a third party dialer just to compare.

--

KSC & BSC                                                         Hail Goddess!            FNORD!
"Communication is only possible between equals." --  Hagbard Celine
My ex-wife had two similarities to Tendo Akane...  Cooking and temperament.