Conversion program for K&R C to ANSI C

Post by Anthony Schlemm » Thu, 01 Sep 1994 06:27:39

Is there a utility program available for OS/2 that will covert K&R C to
ANSI C? I have some "ancient" UNIX code that I need to port over to OS/2.
I will be using the Borland C++ 1.5 for OS/2.  I don't have my compiler
documentation with me at this time and can't check to see if the Borland
compiler has a K&R setting. If it doesn't it will probably give alot of
warnings which I could probably live with if I can generated a working
executable.

Thanks,

Anthony Schlemmer

Post by Dr. Peter Forst » Fri, 02 Sep 1994 08:04:19

>Is there a utility program available for OS/2 that will covert K&R C to
>ANSI C? I have some "ancient" UNIX code that I need to port over to OS/2.
>I will be using the Borland C++ 1.5 for OS/2.  I don't have my compiler
>documentation with me at this time and can't check to see if the Borland
>compiler has a K&R setting. If it doesn't it will probably give alot of
>warnings which I could probably live with if I can generated a working
>executable.

I once picked up a package called 'mkptypes.zip' which creates prototype
header files automatically from your K&R sources (I must confess I've never
needed it yet and just have it on my hard disk). I don't know where I got
it, try looking for it on the Hobbes archive. Fortunately, the man page also

try to contact him if you can't find it, though I'm not sure if he did
the OS/2 port, too (I somehow associate Kai Uwe Rommel with that, but may
be wrong).

Peter

 230 Steeplechase Circle                                Phone: (302) 239-6576
 Wilmington, DE 19808                                   Fax:   (302) 239-0772

1. Conversion program for K&R C to Ansi C

 >Is there a utility program available for OS/2 that will covert K&R C to
 >ANSI C? I have some "ancient" UNIX code that I need to port over to OS/2.
 >I will be using the Borland C++ 1.5 for OS/2.  I don't have my compiler
 >documentation with me at this time and can't check to see if the Borland
 >compiler has a K&R setting. If it doesn't it will probably give alot of
 >warnings which I could probably live with if I can generated a working
 >executable.
 >
 >Thanks,
 >
 >Anthony Schlemmer

borland will compile: borland, ansi c, unix V, and K&R
the setting is under the project-view settings-compiler source tab

2. SQL FORMS 3.0 NOT REALEASING MEMORY WHY?

3. Extended ANSI vs Strict ANSI ?

4. RxSock AND pop mail Fetch/Send

5. OS/2 ANSI ART EDITOR PROGRAM

6. Oops - wrong newsgroup *laughs* sorry bout that

7. Full ANSI Terminal Emulation for *.cmd programs

8. what the heck does the "file system" do?

9. Program for Ansi pictures?

10. ansi not recognized if not set before program?

11. Q: Which graphics conversion program?

12. good conversion program

13. .INF to .TXT conversion program wanted