SYQUEST 270MB ATAPI

Post by RUFFALDI BATTIS » Mon, 08 Jan 1996 04:00:00

hi,
i'm looking for a clue about installing a ATAPI CDROM a ATAPI Syquest
and keeping my driver for my HD!.

This is the current config.
Running on a 486-100 16mb, with a promise 2300+
My HD (a WD540mb) is on the primary controller, as well as the Syquest.
My CD is on second controller as MASTER.
So, the First controller is under EIDE2300.add control
and CDROM is under IBM1S506.add control.

To make work the Syquest I stopped using the Eide2300.

But: using the syquest IBM1s506.add (modified) I lose Speed ont the HD,
and the CDROM access!
Using IBM1S506.aDD (warp standard) I lose removability of the cartdrige
(I can still remove it but no REFRESH on the new cartdrige)
but I can still access the CDROM and lose speed on the HD.

So I am asking why do not firm simply ADD drivers for their hardware instead of modifying standard ones with such consequences??

Oh! I forgot to say that EIDE2300 doesn't support CDROM either and that underr
DOS the Syquest on the secondary controller as slave is not recognized.

(Ps: uninstalling WIN95 removed all my Partitions!!!)

thanks.
Battista ruffaldi

1. A few questions concerning Syquest 270MB drives under Warp...

I'm considering purchasing a Syquest 270MB drive but there are a couple
of things I'd like to know first.  According to the documentation in the new
Syquest drivers on hobbes, a cartridge can be partitioned only if OS/2 is
booted from a primary partition.  Does it mean then that it is possible
to format the cartridge as HPFS?  If not, then are the extended attributes
saved when copying files, say, through the WPS?  Now, on my machine OS/2
is on a logical drive which means that I can only use the cartridge as a big
floppy.  What are the limitations of this big floppy other than not being able
to partition and/or put HPFS on it?  Are the extended attributes saved on that
floppy like they are on a conventional floppy?  Finally, are there any speed
difference between the two format, partitioned and big floppy?

!                                                      !

!                                                      !
! Proudly using OS/2 3.0, IBM Cset++ 2.1               !
! "The best 32-bit OS for Intel machines"              !
!                                                      !
! Also using Linux, Slackware 2.0.2                    !
! "For what's missing in OS/2, security+multiuser"     !

2. Manual for HPDJ Driver is bad (???)

3. Syquest 270MB removable drive and OS/2 ?

4. WTB: Obsolete equipment

5. SyQuest 270Mb Drivers Needed

6. aaa authentication login default local but no username set

7. Boot from a Syquest 270Mb removable SCSI disk?

8. Converting Microvitech cub to run A30x0

9. Syquest Syquest Syquest HEEEEELP

10. Syquest & IOMega: Should I buy a ZIP drive now or wait for SyQuest?

11. Syquest drive support is on Syquest BBS

12. HELP! UltraStor 34F (or 14F) and SyQuest 3270 (270MB removable)

13. atapi zip drive