WIN-OS2 Keeps Crashing Warp -Help

Post by jeri.. » Wed, 01 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

  I am having a big problem with Windows crashing Warp.  First, here is a
summary of my system components:
        Pentium 133
        32 MB RAM
        Trident PCI 9440 Video (running 1024x768x256)
        Trident AGI OS/2 Video Drivers v1.3(3) 10/13/95
        OS/2 Warp 3 without WIN-OS/2
        Windows 3.11 installed on drive E: (HPFS)
        FixPack 17 installed
  What typically happens is that whenever I run a Fullscreen Windows Session, I
get a system lockup whenever I try to exit back to OS/2 Desktop, or when I try
to leave the Windows session running and just switch back to OS/2 Desktop.  The
lockup gives me a completely black screen with the OS/2 black mouse cursor
stuck on the screen.  Ctrl-ESC does nothing, all I can do is C-A-D to reboot.
This happens about 85% of the time.  However, it rarely happens when running a
windows app (or program manager) in Seamless mode from the Desktop.  I am able
to do this for most of my Windows Apps (WordPerfect 6.1 mainly), but MS Access
2.0 does not run correctly in Seamless mode.  It does not update the screen
correctly.  For example:  If I run Access in Seamless mode, and Maximize it, I
will get the title bar at the top of the screen, and the database window, and
any forms windows, but the rest of the screen (which should be white space from
the parent Access Window) shows my OS/2 Desktop!  This would not be too much of
a problem, except that as I use Access, the child windows (Forms, Tables, etc)
do not update the screen properly so that I am unable to really use it.

  Is this a video driver problem when running seamless?  I did not have this
problem before apply fixpack 17, but I had to install it because of problems
with Warp crashing on my Pentium, and also for an update to allow Warp to use
my Conner IDE 4Gig Tape Drive (ATAPI interface) which required fixpack 10 or
above.  Previously I had a 486/66 with Warp and no fixpacks and everything
worked fine with absolutely NO crashes.

  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I use Access to do custom databases
and this problem is really giving me a headache.  Thanks

    ___{}___         Doctor Who Lives!      | Jericho A. Johnson

 (|==========|) of Doctor Who on Fox TV     |
  || _ || _ ||                              | OS/2 Warp &
  |||_||||_|||  When: May 14, 1996 7pm CST  | PMMail 1.50
  ||   ||   ||  What: New 2 hour Movie debut|
  ||   ||!  ||  -Watch for series this fall!|
  ||   ||   ||  See Sylvester McCoy (7th Dr)|
  ||___||___||  Regenerate into Paul McGann |
 ============== (New 8th Dr)                |

1. Warp w/ win-os2 Crashes with SimTower

I fairly consistiently crash OS2 fullpack when I run simtower in a
full screen windows mode.

I have all the error stuff, which I lovingly faxed to those at IBM,
but hte sheet is at home.

One thing that ahs seemed to help is increasing my swap partition
size.  Is there a standard "good" size for the partition?  The program
did not crash last night with the expanded swap

I've got a GW2000 DX2-66 with 8 RAM and 730/2=350ish HD (the other
half is Linux.

2. Metafont: All fonts available in .mf format

3. I installed Fixpack 31 of Warp 3 and Full Screen Win-os2 hard crashes my system!

4. traffic lights (was Re: Analogue watches)

5. PROGMAN.INI modified by win-os2 crashes win-dos

6. ADV: Requirements Seminars to Improve Software Quality Fall 2000

7. Describe Voyager keeps crashing! - Please help!

8. Wanted: Images in 10-10-10 RGB

9. America Online (v2.5) Web browser under WARP w/WIN-OS2 - help

10. Warp WIN-OS2 can't find Windows Help

11. HELP!!! McAfee VirusScan for OS/2 PM keeps crashing!!!

12. Warp 4 FP15 WIN-OS2 seamless help... please...

13. Help! Netscape 2.02 keeps crashing!