ppp.cfg format

Post by Peter Hans » Tue, 28 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>Could someone please point me toward any documentation for the ppp.cfg file.   PPP docs
>indicate that one will be created when PPP is installed, but it wasn't created on my
>system.  Thanks

Instead of ppp.cfg, I got a file called PPP.DOC installed in $ETC.  It
describes the use of ppp.cfg (which is, basically, to contain a set of
default options separated by whitespace, to be read before the command
line and file-based options when you run PPP).

 Peter HANSEN                                     Engenuity Corporation

 http://www.sentex.net/~engcorp/peter/

ppp.cfg format

Post by sq.. » Sun, 03 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>>Could someone please point me toward any documentation for the ppp.cfg file.   PPP docs
>>indicate that one will be created when PPP is installed, but it wasn't created on my
>>system.  Thanks

>Instead of ppp.cfg, I got a file called PPP.DOC installed in $ETC.  It
>describes the use of ppp.cfg (which is, basically, to contain a set of
>default options separated by whitespace, to be read before the command
>line and file-based options when you run PPP).

Yeah, I have ppp.doc also, but there is only one small paragraph about
the ppp.cfg file.  It basically just states that commands are separated by
whitespace and a # starts a comment.

I would like to know exactly what commands and stuff I can place into
this file.  Also, while we're at it, how about documentation for the
ascii file or the REXX file that the alternate dialer can specify (probably
slattach can take one of these files as an argument as well).  What the
heck can I put in one of these files?

Thanks for any help.
Tom Gordon
IBM Software Solutions, IBM Smalltalk and VisualAge
"Smalltalk, the language of objects"

ppp.cfg format

Post by Peter Hans » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>Yeah, I have ppp.doc also, but there is only one small paragraph about
>the ppp.cfg file.  It basically just states that commands are separated by
>whitespace and a # starts a comment.

>I would like to know exactly what commands and stuff I can place into
>this file.

Actually, that file also states:
  "Options can be taken from files as  well  as  the  command
   line.   ppp  reads options from the files $ETC/ppp.cfg and
   $HOME/ppprc  before  looking  at  the  command  line. "

In other words, _options_ are placed in that file.  The same options, in
the same format, as you would specify on the command line.  And other
than comments beginning with #, no other "stuff" can be put there. :-)

 Peter HANSEN                                     Engenuity Corporation

 http://www.sentex.net/~engcorp/peter/

1. PPP ppp.cfg file format...

Personally I can't stand GUI tools for somethings and TCP/IP is one of them.
I've got my slip.cfg set-up for slip.exe, but what is the format of the
ppp.cfg for ppp.exe. It obviously looks for one, I just can't figure out how
to make a "right" one. Any ideas?

Brian Macy

2. Burning a toast image on PC

3. The new PPP and PPP.CFG - how to do it?

4. Graphics in pdf(la)tex

5. wanted: synthax for ppp.cfg

6. CTM644 Technical Data

7. help: example of ppp.cfg

8. PnP System for NT 4.0

9. ppp.cfg?

10. PPP authentication file format ?

11. Server PPP/PAP , pap.sct Format

12. PPP authentication file format ?

13. PPP + PPP problems on OS/2 PPP server