Help - HyperAccess Lite won't dial automatically

Post by Robert Ed » Fri, 01 Mar 1996 04:00:00

--
I am experiencing a problem - some help would be appreciated.

When I run HyperAccess the window opens and the directory appears. I select the BBS I wish to dial and the modem window appears indicating that the modem is being initialised etc. Behind this window I can see the modem init string being sent to the modem however the modem does not respond. The Modem window reports that the modem is not responding.

I select cancel and the cursor is now in the main HyperAccess window. If I now type the at commands the modem performs correctly. I can type ATDT etc and connect with the BBS and everything is fine.

I have tried setting the properties to adding a line feed etc but this has no effect.

What setting do I need to adjust to get this feature working properly ??

Thanks in advance.

End Of Message

Post by Susan Lew » Tue, 05 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>>--
>>I am experiencing a problem - some help would be appreciated.

>>When I run HyperAccess the window opens and the directory appears. I select the BBS I wish to dial and the modem window appears indicating that the modem is being initialised etc. Behind this window I can see the modem init string being sent to the modem however the modem does not respond. The Modem window reports that the modem is not responding.

>>I select cancel and the cursor is now in the main HyperAccess window. If I now type the at commands the modem performs correctly. I can type ATDT etc and connect with the BBS and everything is fine.

>>I have tried setting the properties to adding a line feed etc but this has no effect.

>>What setting do I need to adjust to get this feature working properly ??

>>Thanks in advance.

>>End Of Message

>  I use HA/5.  Your symptoms sound like the directory entry for the BBS is set
>to the wrong com port.  It sounds like the default com port is set correctly.
>When the dial string is shown going to the modem do the modem lights flash
>accordingly?  If you have an internal modem see if there is a program to
>monitor the status bits.

>  I hope this helps.

Make sure that you are using the most recent version of HALITE that
corrected some modem initialization problems.  You can obtain it from
our BBS, ftp and Web sites as either hal.exe or halite.zip.

Susan Lewis
On-line Support Coordinator
Hilgraeve, Inc.
Developers of HyperACCESS for Windows, HyperTerminal,
    HALite for OS/2, HyperACCESS for OS/2,
    HyperACCESS/5 and Kopy Kat

www.hilgraeve.com
ftp.hilgraeve.com/pub/vendor/hilgraeve
BBS 206.42.134.70

1. Hyperaccess lite / Zoc + dial without dial tone

Is there a chance to get Hyperaccess lite / Zoc to dial at least one number
without waiting for the dial tone ?
I have to dial one number before I get the usual dial tone.
FAXWorks can do this.

Thanks in advance

* Rogowski-Institut / RWTH Aachen                                    *
* Schinkelstr.2, D-52062 Aachen              - standard disclaimer - *

2. Tcl/Tk Commercial Uses - Part 1: The Index

3. HyperAccess Lite won't reset modem

4. which rcd-writer to use?

5. CHKDSK won't automatically check Logical drive partitions...help?

6. Service pack help, please.

7. I'm posting from Hyperaccess Lite

8. how to install SMS Service Pack 1 ?

9. HyperAccess Lite's com port setup

10. Geting SIO's Vmodem & HyperAccess Lite work together

11. Dial Other Providers: Won't even dial

12. Q: Dial Other Provider won't dial

13. Dial-up host won't dial again