Icon conversion program

Post by Mike Griffith » Tue, 21 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have a large number of icons that I have downloaded for use in Windows NT at work. I use OS/2 at home and I woudl
like to be able to use some of these icons in Warp. Is there an application that can convert a Windows format icon
into an OS/2 format icon.

Thanks,
Mike.

Icon conversion program

Post by Robert Selfing » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

: I have a large number of icons that I have downloaded for use in Windows NT at work. I use OS/2 at home and I woudl
: like to be able to use some of these icons in Warp. Is there an application that can convert a Windows format icon
: into an OS/2 format icon.
:
: Thanks,
: Mike.

I think that you can use Windows 3.1 icons with Warp by finding the
ico file with the drive object and then dragging it from there to
the picture of the icon in your properties for the desktop object
that you want to use the icon for.

1. Data file icon equivalent to Program Icon?

Hello.

Program Icons are great. They're just pointers to the real
.exe/.bat/.cmd/.com programs. Thus, the name of the ICON can be different
from the name of the actual program.

Is there a data file equivalent of this? For instance, I want an icon that
points to a WordPerfect file. Then I'll be able to have a super-dooper
long file name for the ICON, no matter whether the actual file is on a
FAT drive or an HPFS drive, and the WPS will keep track of the location
of the file if it's moved. PLUS, I'll be able to double click that icon
to open the data file because it will be referenced to an executable,
even if the ICON's name doesn't have the right extension for WordPerfect.

If I drag a Data File icon off of the template that comes with OS/2, then
that icon *is* the data file. That's not what I want. I just want a
reference. A shadow doesn't cut it, cuz changing the name of the shadow
changes the name of the file itself.

If I knew how to write such a beast, I would. I guess it would have to be
a new WPS class.

Thanks for any help.

--j.joseph.m.benavidez

post scriptum.
Wrote my first C++ PM front end today! Woohoo! I'm on my way to becoming
one of them cool OS/2 programmers!

2. Problem with ODBC connection

3. Drive for audio DAT tape

4. minimized icon differs from program icon

5. FS: Flawless! 3Com Palm V8 (8MB upgrade) on eBay!!!

6. Data file icon equivalent to Program Icon?

7. USB CD-RW

8. dropping many icons onto a program icon

9. Icon conversion to Windows format

10. Icon Conversion Utility

11. Mac -> OS/2 Icon conversion

12. icon conversion