De-register Light Table Multimedia Viewer Classes?

De-register Light Table Multimedia Viewer Classes?

Post by Dave Abercromb » Sun, 09 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I installed the Light Table Multimedia Viewer from the
Warp Bonus Pak and would now like to de-install it.

How can I do this?

There seems to be a SOM class called LTDataFile whose parent
is SOMObject and defined in \MMOS2\DLL\UTLIDATA.DLL.

There is also a class called LTReference whose parent is
WPDataFile and defined in \MMOS2\DLL\UTLTREF.DLL.

Finally, there is a class called LTFolder whose parent is
WPFolder and defined in \MMOS2\DLL\UTLIFLDR.DLL.

I guess what I would like to do is de-register these
classes using REXX. How can I do this safely?
Are there any other classes I need to de-register?

For example, the folder Details View of nearly every data object
shows that nearly every file is a LTDataFile. They all have
"Create LT Reference..." as a choice on their object menus.
If I de-register the three above classes, what will happen
to all of these supposed LTDataFile objects?

Did I install the Light Table Multimedia Viewer incorrectly?
It seems kind of screwy that every data object not associated
with another application gets treated as a LTDataFile.

Thanks for your help. As you can tell, I am a little leary
of blindly de-registering classes in my ignorance. Heck, I
am not even sure if the whole notion of de-registering classes
is really part of the solution to my perceived problem!

--

De-register Light Table Multimedia Viewer Classes?

Post by Bob Lock » Mon, 10 Apr 1995 04:00:00

writes:
:>
:>I guess what I would like to do is de-register these
:>classes using REXX.

There is a program dereg04.zip that will allow you to de-register any WPS
classes. I think I got it from hobbes.

My own opinions. I am not speaking for BNR or Northern Telecom.

Ottawa                              ESN: 395-5409
Phone: (613) 765-5409               Fax: (613) 763-2820
Ham Radio: VA3UNX

Posted using OS/2 Warp and Netsuite News.

1. Can't de-register SO v5.0 object classes

I just installed Star Office v5.1 (which went easily enough) but
have been unable to de-register the SO v5.0 object classes.  I
tried following the directions by running the SO v5.0
"deinstallation" script but after waiting over 30 minutes for it
to get past the 2% complete mark I decided to take matters into
my own hands.  Rexx was unable to deregister the classes, so I
booted from my maintenance partition, deleted the whole she-bang
and rebooted expecting to be able to get the remains out of my
INI files with rexx or checkini.  Much to my surprise, neither
one has worked!  The v5.0 object classes remain despite my
best efforts.  I have tried the rexx SysDeregisterObjectClass
function, as well as checkini v2.27 and the new v2.29.  I have
opened my ini files in an ini editor and have been unable to
locate the references to these classes.

Anybody else see this?  Any ideas?

2. Two dimentional array declaration question

3. Getting rid of the Multimedia Light Table

4. SCSI disk questions.

5. What does it mean to de-register objects in IBM Works?

6. Citrix Metaframe - client printers OTHER than bindery queues

7. De-registering IBM Works from the Desktop?

8. Progressive JPEG's

9. De-registering Works

10. OD Pro kills Light Tables?

11. I messed up my light table folders