IBM Consumer Division

Post by Steven G. LeM » Tue, 08 Aug 1995 04:00:00

IBM Creates Consumer Division

In New York IBM announced plans to tap the public's growing
demand for computers and on-line service.  IBM said Monday it
will reorganize its consumer products offerings under a new division.

More information will be available shortly.

Steven G. LeMay
Software Engineer
Harry Reid Center for Environmental Studies

Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form,
in whole or in part. Copyright, Steven G. LeMay, 1995. License to distribute
this post is available to Microsoft for $1000. Posting without permission
constitutes an agreement to these terms. Please send notices of violation

IBM Consumer Division

Post by Dale Ro » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>IBM Creates Consumer Division
>In New York IBM announced plans to tap the public's growing
>demand for computers and on-line service.  IBM said Monday it
>will reorganize its consumer products offerings under a new division.
>More information will be available shortly.  See API news service.

Yea thanks for posting this one. Not a good sign for OS/2 since no
where in the article did it mention OS/2. I guess that means that the
new Aptiva's will ship with Windows 95.

Dale Ross
L & H Technologies

|==============================================================|
| Nothing I have written here is in any way, shape, or form is |
| official or unofficial L & H Technologies policy or opinion. |
|--------------------------------------------------------------|
|   Sysop Win32 Support BBS C*te, NC USA (704) 588-2669   |

|       CIS: 71034,1573; msn: daleross; Fidonet 1:379/45       |
'=============================================================='
.sig '95 - RTM

IBM Consumer Division

Post by Dale Ro » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>>Yea thanks for posting this one. Not a good sign for OS/2 since no
>>where in the article did it mention OS/2. I guess that means that the
>>new Aptiva's will ship with Windows 95.
>>Dale Ross
>Uh Dale all new Aptivas will ship with OS/2 when the new line ships
>as was planned last year, this has not changed and as it stands right
>now IBM has still not signed for win95 (they will I'm sure eventually but
>not as of yet).  Also expect to see a Warp consumer pack in Sept/August
>with games, financial package sim to quicken and other stuff, doom/2 likely
>to come aug 24 soo....

Why didn't they mention the OS/2 thing? Fine I guess I can not have as
much fun with this one as I would have liked. Oh well. :-(

Dale Ross
L & H Technologies

|==============================================================|

Post by boga.. » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>>IBM Creates Consumer Division
>>In New York IBM announced plans to tap the public's growing
>>demand for computers and on-line service.  IBM said Monday it
>>will reorganize its consumer products offerings under a new division.
>>More information will be available shortly.  See API news service.
>Yea thanks for posting this one. Not a good sign for OS/2 since no
>where in the article did it mention OS/2. I guess that means that the
>new Aptiva's will ship with Windows 95.
>Dale Ross

Uh Dale all new Aptivas will ship with OS/2 when the new line ships
as was planned last year, this has not changed and as it stands right
now IBM has still not signed for win95 (they will I'm sure eventually but
not as of yet).  Also expect to see a Warp consumer pack in Sept/August
with games, financial package sim to quicken and other stuff, doom/2 likely
to come aug 24 soo....

IBM Consumer Division

Post by Robert L Mayna » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Why didn't they mention the OS/2 thing? Fine I guess I can not have as
>much fun with this one as I would have liked. Oh well. :-(

Well, Dale, while YOU are used to M$ tactic of having their PR agency
send out a mountain of faxes at any possible excuse, most businesses
do NOT operate that way.  Just because the facet of the machine that
YOU obsess over is not mentioned does NOT mean it isn't there.
NT wasn't mentioned and Windows '95 wasn't mentioned.  By your logic
neither of them will be included either.

Bob

IBM Consumer Division

Post by Daniel Dillm » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>In New York IBM announced plans to tap the public's growing
>demand for computers and on-line service.  IBM said Monday it
>will reorganize its consumer products offerings under a new division.
>Yea thanks for posting this one. Not a good sign for OS/2 since no
>where in the article did it mention OS/2. I guess that means that the
>new Aptiva's will ship with Windows 95.

I haven't seen that article, but I'd bet $5 it didn't say anything about
Win95, either.  FUD, sir, is not welcome here.

---
 * MR/2 2.25 NR *

1. Consumer Poll Says Microsoft Is Good For Consumers

The latest consumer poll shows that 81 percent of consumers think Microsoft
has been good for consumers, and 52 percent think the case was brought to
help Microsoft's rivals.

The poll also shows that 76 percent of consumers think U.S. District Judge
Thomas Penfield Jackson should find Microsoft not guilty of violating the
Sherman Antitrust Act when the trial concludes sometime in the next two or
three months.

The consumer has spoken, but will this affect Penfield Jacksons rulings?
Of course not, a biased and angry Penfield will rule against Microsoft on
every count and impose the most severe penalty he believes possible.  But
not to worry, there is a contingency plan in place regardless the DOJ trial
and appeals outcome.  Long live Microsoft.

2. ssh with xemacs?

3. OS/2 continues to suffer IBM's internal divisions.

4. DOS and DMS/SMBIOS

5. IBM & Star Division

6. Pending TV bugs for C++ to be analysed

7. Reorganization at IBM software division

8. RegOpenKeyEx Error!

9. News: Great push for OS/2: IBM merges OS/2 and Java division

10. Dvorak's 1995 note to IBM: Sell the OS/2 division

11. IBM Should Buy Novel's Apps Division!

12. "OS/2 is not for the home consumer" - IBM

13. ****IBM Not Dumping Consumer OS/2 Warp