A good newsreader and a good mail program

A good newsreader and a good mail program

Post by gry.. » Thu, 07 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I know this question has been asked a million times but, could someone please
direct me to a good newsreader and or mail program for OS/2. I'm using the
IBM internet connection software that came with OS/2 now..I used to us windows
software and it ran alot nicer. There has to be a better way to download biniary
files from the news groups, this one at a time thing stinks. How do you get
multiple files and then deencode them? Why is the mail program so slow?

Please e-mail me where I might find better software.

Thanks.
Dave Marfisi

A good newsreader and a good mail program

Post by Nollaig MacKenz » Thu, 07 Sep 1995 04:00:00

:>
:>I know this question has been asked a million times but, could someone please
:>direct me to a good newsreader and or mail program for OS/2. I'm using the
:>IBM internet connection software that came with OS/2 now..I used to us windows
:>software and it ran alot nicer. There has to be a better way to download biniary
:>files from the news groups, this one at a time thing stinks. How do you get
:>multiple files and then deencode them? Why is the mail program so slow?
:>
:>Please e-mail me where I might find better software.
:>
:>Thanks.
:>Dave Marfisi

See: http://www.teamos2.org/software/must_have/

You probably want PMMail, and the Neologic News Reader....

Cheers, N.

(my mail server is acting up tonight :-(  )
--

Finger for PGP public key.
--

Post by Erik P. Ern » Fri, 08 Sep 1995 04:00:00

:>I know this question has been asked a million times but, could someone please
:>direct me to a good newsreader and or mail program for OS/2. I'm using the

Yes this question is "asked a million times" (even by myself). But isn't
there a FAQ for this news group?

Known OS/2 PM Mail and News Programms:
PMMAIL, current version 1.1 (My favorite).
Post Mail Reader.
Neologic News (part of the Neologic Network Suite).

This is all shareware and availvable from Hobbes.

Best regards,
*-------------------------------------------------------*
* Erik P. Ernst, Madison, NJ, USA  *  Who is John Galt? *
*-------------------------------------------------------*

1. A good newsreader and a good mail program

:>

:>:>I know this question has been asked a million times but, could someone please
:>:>direct me to a good newsreader and or mail program for OS/2. I'm using the
:>
:>Known OS/2 PM Mail and News Programms:
:>PMMAIL, current version 1.1 (My favorite).
:>Post Mail Reader.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Actually, it is "Post Road Mailer".  :)

Xavier

2. Introduction to the *.answers newsgroups

3. Weird Programming Problems - errors from good good

4. HP 7xxx/Philips 3610 under Linux: any success on burning over 650MB?

5. Good newsreader programs?

6. Put extra info on the Submition Confirmation page?

7. Why does OS/2 have more good mail programs than Winx?

8. Amiga to Atari file X-fer HELP!!!!!

9. Good news/mail programs

10. Good deal on k6 200 and good motherboard?

11. Good comm prog. with good VT100 emulation?

12. Good deal on a k6 200 and good motherboard?

13. FP12: good FPak, good FPak.