--WARNING-- Warp and CL 62x5 video --WARNING--

--WARNING-- Warp and CL 62x5 video --WARNING--

Post by mmon.. » Sun, 06 Nov 1994 16:44:58

Warning!  All laptop users with Cirrus Logic 62x5 video!  Installation of
Warp (during the second boot floppy - "Disk 1") -- there is a serious
incompatibility between something in Warp and the 62x5 video, which causes
the laptop display to be PERMANENTLY disabled (at least until my manufacturer
can figure out how to re-enable the video).  I will be reporting this to IBM
ASAP, however, please contact them before you attempt installation on a
laptop with this chip set. Note that BOTH the LCD and the external video are
disabled, making the machine unusable (and unrecoverable by the user).  Leaving
the battery out overnite did not resolve the problem.  I had a similar problem
with the PAS drivers (sound or SCSI) previously, but in that case simply
powering off/on corrected the situation.  This problem appears to set the
saved video state, making the change "permanent".
     Mace Moneta, AT&T VM Product Engineering, Piscataway, NJ

            Voice: 908-457-4399  Fax 908-980-0741

1. Warning Zoc99 Warning

FILENAME IS BEING DISTRIBUTED AS ZOC99.ZIP

WARNING   ZOC99 FROM GERMANY IS DOING SOMETHING VERY NASTY.

I won't go into all the details but this is what the OS/2 PM
terminal program called ZOC does.

It will allow you to call your local BBS.

It will allow the modem to connect.

It will hangup the line

It will IMMEDIATLY  dial out on its own to a number in GERMANY!

It will start out with a prefix that calls your local 911 emergency number.

Even deleting the German phone numbers in the directory will not stop this.

911 called me back wanting to know what the problem is..

IF YOUR A RESPONSIBLE SYSOP YOU WILL DELETE THIS GD GARBAGE FROM
YOUR SYSTEM.

GET THE WORD OUT. POST LIKE MAD. MAKE YOUR LOCAL SYSOP DELETE THIS
FROM HIS ARCHIVES.

We don't need to be clogging the 911 lines with accidental calls.

God forbid if you accidently called the German Number.

I'd like to beat the kraut out of the idiot that programmed this demo.
Needless to say I'll NEVER run anything by the author of ZOC
Hugh Craig

.. I don't do Windows, but OS/2 does.
-- MR/2 #114

2. devcon2001 Web site

3. Warning Zoc Warning

4. HP95LX: 550 point adventure wanted

5. warn: [COMW] Warning ...

6. Local Telephone Company Assigns Same Number to Two Households

7. PPP: warn : [COMW] Warning - only wrote X of Y bytes

8. Utilities?

9. Warning ZOC Warning

10. Lantastic and WordPerfect WARNING, WARNING!!!!!!!!!!

11. Warning Zoc99 Warning

12. Install warning analysis (Was: Install warning and T