OS/2 Trouble Part I

Post by cent.. » Sun, 15 Jun 1997 04:00:00

    Hello to all out there in OS/2 Land. Happy to say I finally made the move to Warp 4 from Warp3. Sad to say, I'm having problems. Here is my current big one (I'll post the rest later).
I have installed Warp 4 on my main computer which is a 486dx4/120 with 32 megs of Ram and two hard drives. (A 1.9gig and a 4.3gig). I just installed Fixpack #1 off the IBM server.
Now OS/2 loads fine, BUT here is where my big problem is. When I go to an OS/2 full screen session to do whatever, sometimes I type "exit" or hit CTRL-ESC to go back to the PM
and the system locks up with a black screen showing only the mouse pointer (frozen in place) and what appears to be the pulse section of the WarpCenter (only at the top left of
the screen where the OS/2Warp Icon of the WarpCenter usually is. All else is Black on the screen and the mouse won't budge. Hitting CTRL-ESC again does nothing.
The 3 finger salute runs the HD for a second then stops and only a reset will get me out of this. Now this doesn't happen ALL the time with a full screen session, but seems to happen
after a prolonged period of the session being active (several minutes or so). An examle is I once had the lockup and rebooted, went back into Warp and reconnected to the net and was
netting as usual. Noticed the Full Screen OS/2 session open and went into the session to type exit to close. Lock up. Anyone have any ideas? Help is much appreciated. Reply to my email
if needed:

    Thanks much.