Help! OS/2 WARP type.

Post by David Nemet » Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:26:21

I need help if possible. I rebooted my machine the other day and it says it
that it is loading (locked) update files and it just freezes there. I am not
sure how to bypass this. I love my present setup and would hate to have to
re-install again. This is the first time this ever happened.
P.S I rebooted a few times and it still does the same thing.

Thanks so much for any assistance.

David
OS/2 lover

Help! OS/2 WARP type.

Post by Trevor Hemsl » Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:44:35

Quote:> I need help if possible. I rebooted my machine the other day and it says it
> that it is loading (locked) update files and it just freezes there. I am not
> sure how to bypass this. I love my present setup and would hate to have to
> re-install again. This is the first time this ever happened.
> P.S I rebooted a few times and it still does the same thing.

Use Alt+F1 to boot to a command prompt and then use TEDIT to edit
CONFIG.SYS (copy it to a new name first so you have a backup since
TEDIT is a little strange at first). Look for lines with IBMLANLK in
the name and REM them out. Alternatively, if you're on an HPFS
partition then make sure that the IFS=HPFS.IFS line occurs before the
two IBMLANLK lines and then reboot and see if it completes without
remming the lines - if it doesn't then get rid of them.

--
Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK.

Help! OS/2 WARP type.

Post by danem.. » Mon, 05 Mar 2001 22:32:25

>> I need help if possible. I rebooted my machine the other day and it says it
>> that it is loading (locked) update files and it just freezes there. I am not
>> sure how to bypass this. I love my present setup and would hate to have to
>> re-install again. This is the first time this ever happened.
>> P.S I rebooted a few times and it still does the same thing.

>Use Alt+F1 to boot to a command prompt and then use TEDIT to edit
>CONFIG.SYS (copy it to a new name first so you have a backup since
>TEDIT is a little strange at first). Look for lines with IBMLANLK in
>the name and REM them out. Alternatively, if you're on an HPFS
>partition then make sure that the IFS=HPFS.IFS line occurs before the
>two IBMLANLK lines and then reboot and see if it completes without
>remming the lines - if it doesn't then get rid of them.

>--
>Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK.

Thanks so much my system booted after REM out the LANLNK lines.
You saved my arse.

Thanks so much
David Nemeth
Chicago, Ill.

Help! OS/2 WARP type.

Post by Trevor Hemsl » Tue, 06 Mar 2001 01:56:32

> Thanks so much my system booted after REM out the LANLNK lines.

Now chase down the files that these lines pointed to and look at them.
There may be outstanding actions that they were to take to clean up
application of a fixpack or installation of a product. You may need to
do these manually or correct the problem that was causing IBMLANLK to
hang so that it can do it for you.

--
Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK.

1. Warp and Type Filters (I.e., associations by type)

I seem to remember reading some time back that type associations were
broken in Warp.  My current experiences seem to confirm that.  Can
anyone confirm this?

I.e., I have a data file object with a given type ("Word Perfect") and I have
an executable with associations to both *.WP5 and the type "Word Perfect",
but only the files matching *.WP5 pick up the WP icon.  In fact, the
files with the type have only "Settings" as a possible Open action.

The Zapruder film was a snuff film.

          hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars, every time he posts -
rwvpf wpnrrj ibf ijrfer

2. Dale's Comments (was Re: VIScorp: N

3. Help: Selective Install of Voice Type for OS2 Warp 4.0

4. Problem Resource Reservation

5. Help Tru Type under WARP ?????

6. Animated icons

7. Questions (help me move to OS/2 type questions!)

8. Psiwin 2.1 problem (minor) with NT4

9. BETA: Need about 5 for Dvorak test for Type/2 Typing Tutor

10. TYPE -- Bug in TYPE Command

11. Voice type i need voice type

12. Need: True Type to Type 1 Font Conversion

13. Typing right to left? Hebrew typing program?