System Crashes caused by Enhanced Editor

System Crashes caused by Enhanced Editor

Post by RA Sparapani RA/208/Sdcp gwi » Fri, 05 Feb 1993 10:23:16

OS@ers:

I recently posted a question to this group about some system crashes
caused by the Enhanced Editor and I found out that there was a new
version (5.51).  Apparently, all this is being discussed on .programmer.
Well, for those of you like myself, who do little programming at home
(I get my fill at work), I just thought you'd like to know that this
option is available.  You can get the new version from watson in
directory /pub/os2/epm.  The installation is relative painless, unless
you want all the options (if you do, you're really going to love this
upgrade).  Hope this helps anyone who has had mysterious crashes while
the editor was running.

Rodney

Post by 451924952 NEWMAN, DANA FRA » Fri, 05 Feb 1993 15:38:00

>I recently posted a question to this group about some system crashes
>caused by the Enhanced Editor and I found out that there was a new
>version (5.51).  Apparently, all this is being discussed on .programmer.
>Well, for those of you like myself, who do little programming at home
>(I get my fill at work), I just thought you'd like to know that this
>option is available.  You can get the new version from watson in
>directory /pub/os2/epm.  The installation is relative painless, unless
>you want all the options (if you do, you're really going to love this
>upgrade).  Hope this helps anyone who has had mysterious crashes while
>the editor was running.

I WAS using the 5.51 version, and it brought my system down MANY times.

I wouldnt recommend this version either.

Sorry.

Post by RA Sparapani RA/208/Sdcp gwi » Sat, 06 Feb 1993 01:15:34

>I recently posted a question to this group about some system crashes
>caused by the Enhanced Editor and I found out that there was a new
>version (5.51).  Apparently, all this is being discussed on .programmer.
>Well, for those of you like myself, who do little programming at home
>(I get my fill at work), I just thought you'd like to know that this
>option is available.  You can get the new version from watson in
>directory /pub/os2/epm.  The installation is relative painless, unless
>you want all the options (if you do, you're really going to love this
>upgrade).  Hope this helps anyone who has had mysterious crashes while
>the editor was running.

>Rodney

A little more info might help.  I was running OS/2 2.0 GA+SP.  Also, the
system editor was causing lockups.  Now I only use 5.51 and have no
problems.

Rodney