1. Lost desktop, recovered but got problems.
Request for help and advice...
Last night, I attempted to clean my os2.ini file to remove the garbage put
there by software which I've tried and discarded. On rebooting, I was
greeted by a message saying that the system couldn't find the desktop so I
set the DESKTOP variable in config.sys, rebooted and everything appeared
to be fine apart from some icon repositioning on the desktop.
However, wondering what I'd done wrong, I compared os2.ini with an old
archived copy and noticed that the WP_DESKTOP keyword under
PM_Workplace:Location was present in the old one but missing from the
current one. I also noticed that the "OS/2 Warp" button on the left side
of Warpcenter no longer lists the contents of the desktop and Xfolder can
no longer create a startup folder on the desktop.
I've tried copying the WP_DESKTOP keyword from an old os2.ini to os2.ini
in x:\os2, but on reboot it's gone again.
If anybody could shed some light on how to fix os2.ini, or the Warpcenter
"OS/2 Warp" button, or explain why I need 'SET DESKTOP=E:\DESKTOP" in
config.sys when I've never needed it before, it would be appreciated.
(Remove x. from address to reply)
PS - Running Warp 4 + FP6 (UK)
2. Xbox League/Clan!
3. Desktop, desktop & desktop
4. 68030 (50 Mhz) accelerator board !!!
5. HELLLLPPPP! I lost my desktop!!!
6. Need a inflator/decompressor
7. IBM Chief Concedes OS/2 Has Lost Desktop War
8. wins registration update
9. HELLLLPPPP! I lost my desktop!!!
10. Lost "ShutDown" is OS/2 v2.11's Desktop Menu...
11. GTAK and lost desktop on restore.
12. Checkini loses some desktop shadows
13. Desktop losing settings