IBM announces continuing OS/2 support

Post by David T. Johnso » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 08:43:17

Just saw this posted on the OS/2 Software Choice page:

[begin IBM announcement]
Dateline: August 22, 2002    Statement of Intent

Our intent is to deliver the following features in 4Q2002:

An updated version of the IBM Web Browser for OS/2.
Support for Web Start Java application deployment technology . We intend
to provide Java Web Start for OS/2 based on SUN's Java Web Start version
1.0.1 for Windows. Our plan includes desktop integration functions
adapted for differences between Windows and OS/2.

An XML Parser for Java applications on OS/2. We intend to provide a XML
Parser for Java based on the Xerces version 2.0.1 and Xalan version
2.3.1 Open Source technology from the Apache XML Project.
[end IBM announcement]

This is generally a little bit of elaboration on what IBM generally
described in their OS/2 2002 Strategy document but still, it is nice to
see it spelled out.

http://www-3.ibm.com/software/os/warp/swchoice/

--
Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
and IBM Web Browser v1.2

IBM announces continuing OS/2 support

Post by Roderick Klei » Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:52:39

All part of what the promised some time ago....

Makes you wonder why Golden Code and Innotek are working on a Java 1.4
release for OS/2.

Ahaaa yes, IBM must be making one ????

Best regards

Roderick Klein

IBM announces continuing OS/2 support

Post by Janek Schwar » Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:42:50

Quote:> Just saw this posted on the OS/2 Software Choice page:

> [begin IBM announcement]
> Dateline: August 22, 2002    Statement of Intent

> Our intent is to deliver the following features in 4Q2002:

> An updated version of the IBM Web Browser for OS/2.
> Support for Web Start Java application deployment technology . We intend
> to provide Java Web Start for OS/2 based on SUN's Java Web Start version
> 1.0.1 for Windows. Our plan includes desktop integration functions
> adapted for differences between Windows and OS/2.

> An XML Parser for Java applications on OS/2. We intend to provide a XML
> Parser for Java based on the Xerces version 2.0.1 and Xalan version
> 2.3.1 Open Source technology from the Apache XML Project.

Everyone who is at least a bit interested in Java and XML knows that he can
use Xerces and Xalan right now. They run perfectly with Java 1.3.x. No need
to wait for IBM releasing a branded version.

Janek.

1. IBM announces continuing OS/2 support

[...]

2. Edit in registry?

3. IBM Announces Continuing Support and Features for OS/2

4. Daylight Time Change and DCE DCE$DTSD, 10Kday delta-time

5. IBM announces continued support and features for OS/2

6. DCPS V1.8 field test available

7. IBM's continues to support OS/2 - NOT!!!

8. IBM Announces support of purchasers of MS SDK for OS/2 2.0

9. 7th Guest saga continues (IBM Tech support guest stars)

10. ANNOUNCE: ImageMap support for IBM EWS GoServe v1.20

11. Corel to continue OS/2 Support

12. TUCOWS will continue to support OS/2