A couple of PM Multi-line edit control questions

A couple of PM Multi-line edit control questions

Post by Steven Gu » Fri, 07 May 1993 02:20:22

I need to have a couple of PM programming questions answered if possible:

1. How can I change the font in an edit control within a dialog box?  Sample code
would be idea, but any help would be appreciated.  I know I have to populate
the FATTR structure and send an MLM_SETFONT, but I have no idea what to
put in the structure in order to effect a font change.

2.  Why can I not have a multiline edit control with more than 32K bytes attached
to it?  All of the length parameters for text handling are type LONG, but anything
more than 32767 for a string length, results in nothing being read.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

----------------------------
| SuperNews for OS/2 (beta) \
| Coming soon to a server near you

A couple of PM Multi-line edit control questions

Post by David Sing » Fri, 07 May 1993 05:11:48

An MLE can hold more than 32kb of data, but you can only import, insert,
or export it in chunks of 32767 bytes or less.  I don't know why this is
true, but I've coded around it numerous times.

--

                Voice: (408) 927-2509              Fax: (408) 927-4073
(If I needed a disclaimer, I'd put one here.)

Post by David Charl » Sat, 08 May 1993 23:52:47

>I need to have a couple of PM programming questions answered if possible:

>1. How can I change the font in an edit control within a dialog box?

I believe it has to do with Presentation Parameters.  (I think the API
is WinSetPresParam or something similar).  Get the hwnd of the control
(WinWindowFromID) and set it's pres parms.
--
+------------------------+------------------------------------+
| David Charlap          | "Apple II forever" - Steve Wozniak |

+------------------------+------------------------------------+

1. Line wrap in Multi-line edit windows

OK, I give up.

What's the deal with line-wrap in MLE controls.  All I want to do is line
wrap to 80 columns in an MLE window.  Can this be done or what?

It seems that the line-wrap wraps to the window size rather than to a
specific column.  I can't believe that IBM would be this stupid - I'm
assuming there is a way to wrap at a specified column, but I just haven't
been able to find it.

If wrapping to a given column number is possible, could someone PLEASE post
or email some sample code to do it.

| AECL Research Company   |  Compuserve: 73121,231                         |
| Chalk River Laboratories|-------------------------------------------------
| Chalk River, Ontario    | Author of the LA Times newsreader for OS/2 2.x |
| CANADA, K0J 1J0         |"Come with me if you want to live" - Terminator |

2. Encryption/Security on RISC OS; Ipswich; Wed 3rd July 2002

3. Multi Line Edit Window question

4. Version Control problems

5. Multi line edit boxes - daft question.

6. Y2K and Common Sense

7. Multi-line Button Control

8. Fourmis en Java / Ants in Java

9. need help using the Multi-Line Editor (MLE)

10. Multi-line Flyover Possible???

11. PM Multi-Threading Question

12. Questions on PM Button Controls.

13. ??? MULTI-EDIT lite --- DOS-Settings ???