VOICE's False eCS Advertising

VOICE's False eCS Advertising

Post by OS2Gu » Mon, 14 May 2001 14:00:06



This announcement regarding ThirdEye below is currently running on the
VOICE Mail/News List.

ThirdEye 1.0.1 is officially released.  ThirdEye is universal digital
camera manipulation program for eComStation.

Hardware tested and supported:
       Agfa ePhoto307
       Olympus D-460Z
       Olympus C-860L
       Olympus C-920 ZOOM
       Olympus C-1400L
       and other O-project COM-port cameras
       (several Olympus, Agfa, Epson, Nikon,
        Sanyo digital cameras, and some other models)
       Contact us immediately if your camera is supported.

- > URL: http://thirdeye.os2.ru

Serenity and VOICE are working in tandem to destroy the OS/2 community
as we all know it by issuing announcements over the VOICE mailing list
that are designed to imply newer OS2 native program releases are being
designed to run ONLY on eCS.  By implying these programs will only run
on eCS they are purposely lying to the OS/2 user in an effort to force
them to purchase Serenity proprietary product.  This type of misnomer
advertising is, of course, unethical, extremely disturbing and purposely
false.  The product below is designed to run on Warp 3 and up.  

I suspect this trend is going to continue especially from VOICE because
the mailing list is run and controlled by Mark Dodel who has voiced his
personal hatred for IBM.  The ONLY way to stop these attempts to destroy
OS2 and force people to Serenity's private proprietary product via false
advertising is to avoid eCS and VOICE altogether.    

Any OS2 user who invests in eCS is helping Serenity and VOICE to destroy
OS2.

 
 
 

VOICE's False eCS Advertising

Post by Mart » Mon, 14 May 2001 14:29:26



> This announcement regarding ThirdEye below is currently running on the
> VOICE Mail/News List.

> ThirdEye 1.0.1 is officially released.  ThirdEye is universal digital
> camera manipulation program for eComStation.

> Hardware tested and supported:
>        Agfa ePhoto307
>        Olympus D-460Z
>        Olympus C-860L
>        Olympus C-920 ZOOM
>        Olympus C-1400L
>        and other O-project COM-port cameras
>        (several Olympus, Agfa, Epson, Nikon,
>         Sanyo digital cameras, and some other models)
>        Contact us immediately if your camera is supported.

> - > URL: http://thirdeye.os2.ru

> Serenity and VOICE are working in tandem to destroy the OS/2 community

If the above is how they're going to "destroy" OS/2, then fire away
boys!  And keep it comin!  OS/2 needs more "destruction" like this.

 
 
 

VOICE's False eCS Advertising

Post by bobg.. » Mon, 14 May 2001 21:40:54


On 05/12/2001 at 10:00 PM,

Quote:> This announcement regarding ThirdEye below is currently running on the
> VOICE Mail/News List.
> ThirdEye 1.0.1 is officially released.  ThirdEye is universal digital
> camera manipulation program for eComStation.
> Hardware tested and supported:
>        Agfa ePhoto307
>        Olympus D-460Z
>        Olympus C-860L
>        Olympus C-920 ZOOM
>        Olympus C-1400L
>        and other O-project COM-port cameras
>        (several Olympus, Agfa, Epson, Nikon,
>         Sanyo digital cameras, and some other models)
>        Contact us immediately if your camera is supported.
> - > URL: http://thirdeye.os2.ru
> Serenity and VOICE are working in tandem to destroy the OS/2 community

Just how is Serenity involved? Had you bothered to click on the URL above,
you would know that ThirdEye has been developed by Russian programmers.
Nothing on the English section of the website suggests, hints, says, etc.
that Serenity was in any way involved either in programming or
financially.

Moreover, it is not announced as an eCS product, it is announced as RedEye
for OS/2!

Here is the opening headline and first paragraph of the above URL:

                                                                                                                    2001-05-11

                              ThirdEye    

         The most modern & powerful digital camera manipulation program
for OS/2

 Overview

 Digital camera is a convenient and easy in control device to create your
own photo album. It's very
 pleasant to collect photos of your pets, children or wife :) Moreover,
you can use digital camera for
 business to make photos of your products and services. Anyway, digital
camera is an ideal solution to
 make photos for computer usage.

Quote:> as we all know it by issuing announcements over the VOICE mailing list
> that are designed to imply newer OS2 native program releases are being
> designed to run ONLY on eCS.  By implying these programs will only run
> on eCS they are purposely lying to the OS/2 user in an effort to force
> them to purchase Serenity proprietary product.  This type of misnomer
> advertising is, of course, unethical, extremely disturbing and purposely
> false.  The product below is designed to run on Warp 3 and up.  

First of all, Voice is not part of Serenity Systems. Nor is Serenity
Systems a sponsor of Voice. Moreover, RedEye is not mentioned at all on
the Voice website. What did you do? Make all this up? I think so.

Quote:> I suspect this trend is going to continue especially from VOICE because
> the mailing list is run and controlled by Mark Dodel who has voiced his
> personal hatred for IBM.  The ONLY way to stop these attempts to destroy
> OS2 and force people to Serenity's private proprietary product via false
> advertising is to avoid eCS and VOICE altogether.

Being virtually a neighbor of Mark (we live within 20 miles of each other)
and have talked with him several times not to mention exchanging email for
several years, I challenge you to prove the above lie. You can't. Mark
doesn't hate IBM no matter what lies you tell trying to prove otherwise.
You are a liar, pure and simple.

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proudly running OS/2 Warp 4, WSeB and eCS on our network
MR/2 Ice 2.28a Registration Number 67
This marks Logical End-Of-Message. Physical EOM follows
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

VOICE's False eCS Advertising

Post by bobg.. » Mon, 14 May 2001 21:44:47


On 05/13/2001 at 05:29 AM,


> > This announcement regarding ThirdEye below is currently running on the
> > VOICE Mail/News List.

> > ThirdEye 1.0.1 is officially released.  ThirdEye is universal digital
> > camera manipulation program for eComStation.

> > Hardware tested and supported:
> >        Agfa ePhoto307
> >        Olympus D-460Z
> >        Olympus C-860L
> >        Olympus C-920 ZOOM
> >        Olympus C-1400L
> >        and other O-project COM-port cameras
> >        (several Olympus, Agfa, Epson, Nikon,
> >         Sanyo digital cameras, and some other models)
> >        Contact us immediately if your camera is supported.

> > - > URL: http://thirdeye.os2.ru

> > Serenity and VOICE are working in tandem to destroy the OS/2 community
> If the above is how they're going to "destroy" OS/2, then fire away
> boys!  And keep it comin!  OS/2 needs more "destruction" like this.

Marty, you missed a couple or material facts. Be careful of believing
anything Martin posts.

Here are the facts:

ThirdEye is not for eCS as TM claimed. According to the author's website,
a Russian site, it is an OS/2 application. It costs $35 through a US
vendor. I did a thorough search of all the English pages of the website.
There was NO mention of eCS.

Searching Voice's website revealed no mention of ThirdEye.

Draw your own conclusions about the honesty of anything Martin posts. For
all I know, he made it up or someone sent it to him as a joke and he
believed it.

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proudly running OS/2 Warp 4, WSeB and eCS on our network
MR/2 Ice 2.28a Registration Number 67
"Do your parents *know* you are Ramones?" - Ms. Togar
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

VOICE's False eCS Advertising

Post by OS2Gu » Tue, 15 May 2001 01:51:22



> On 05/13/2001 at 05:29 AM,


> > > This announcement regarding ThirdEye below is currently running on the
> > > VOICE Mail/News List.

> > > ThirdEye 1.0.1 is officially released.  ThirdEye is universal digital
> > > camera manipulation program for eComStation.

> > > Hardware tested and supported:
> > >        Agfa ePhoto307
> > >        Olympus D-460Z
> > >        Olympus C-860L
> > >        Olympus C-920 ZOOM
> > >        Olympus C-1400L
> > >        and other O-project COM-port cameras
> > >        (several Olympus, Agfa, Epson, Nikon,
> > >         Sanyo digital cameras, and some other models)
> > >        Contact us immediately if your camera is supported.

> > > - > URL: http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > > Serenity and VOICE are working in tandem to destroy the OS/2 community

> > If the above is how they're going to "destroy" OS/2, then fire away
> > boys!  And keep it comin!  OS/2 needs more "destruction" like this.

> Here are the [failed to mention] facts:

> ThirdEye is not for eCS as TM claimed.

TM made no such claim.  The claim that ThirdEye is specifically designed
to run only on eCS is now running on the VOICE mailing list as well as
appearing on OS2.ORG verbatim.  TM claims ThirdEye is for any OS2
operating system from Warp 3 up.

Quote:> According to the author's website,
> a Russian site, it is an OS/2 application. It costs $35 through a US
> vendor. I did a thorough search of all the English pages of the website.
> There was NO mention of eCS.

Then we should all be alarmed that the man behind VOICE, Mark Dodel, is
purposely running a false and misleading adverti*t over his VOICE
mailing list.  But this is nothing new for VOICE:

The information that ThirdEye can be used on any OS2 Warp 3 and up
operating system is purposely kept out of the VOICE mailing list
announcement just as it is being kept out of the OS2.ORG announcement.
Anyone reading the VOICE mailing list announcement will believe ThirdEye
is for eCS only.  They will also believe the false fact if they read it
on OS2.ORG who is also running the false adverti*t directly from
VOICE verbatim.  Rather then correct the lie or remove the posting VOICE
has chosen to run the lie knowing full well it is a lie.  Mark Dodel
controls that mailing list and he could have easily stopped the false
adverti*t or he can run a correction today.  He has done neither and
I say his actions are purposeful and unethical.

VOICE has continually played this unethical false advertising game.
They did the very same thing with their VOICE mailing list and their
VOICE publication when they ran false information claiming IBM's
Software Choice Subscription was a "1-year-only" of upgrades and then
claimed eCS was a two-year upgrade implying the two-year upgrade was
included in the purchase price of eCS.  Both of these claims were a
blatant lie and total false advertising which was published to harm
IBM's SWC offering and to enhance sales of eCS.  In fact, an eCS
customer actually had to pay an additional fee to get the 2-year upgrade
protection whereas the SWC subscriber received the full 2-year of
upgrade protection as part of their low-cost subscription fee.  When
VOICE officials were informed of the false advertising they admitted it
was wrong and said they would correct it but they didn't.  Following
VOICE newsletters continued to run the false advertising for several
publications.  This kind of activity has become normal for VOICE and the
false advertising of ThirdEye as an eCS-only product is just another
piece of the false advertising pattern of VOICE.

Again, if people want true facts they should avoid Serenity's media arm
AKA: VOICE and should complain to any OS2 Web Site Master who runs
misinformation regarding applications that are supposedly designed to
ONLY run on eCS.

Six months and there is still no GA eCS out of Serenity yet the false
advertising continues.

 
 
 

VOICE's False eCS Advertising

Post by Mart » Tue, 15 May 2001 02:33:28



> On 05/13/2001 at 05:29 AM,


> > > This announcement regarding ThirdEye below is currently running on the
> > > VOICE Mail/News List.

> > > ThirdEye 1.0.1 is officially released.  ThirdEye is universal digital
> > > camera manipulation program for eComStation.

> > > Hardware tested and supported:
> > >        Agfa ePhoto307
> > >        Olympus D-460Z
> > >        Olympus C-860L
> > >        Olympus C-920 ZOOM
> > >        Olympus C-1400L
> > >        and other O-project COM-port cameras
> > >        (several Olympus, Agfa, Epson, Nikon,
> > >         Sanyo digital cameras, and some other models)
> > >        Contact us immediately if your camera is supported.

> > > - > URL: http://thirdeye.os2.ru

> > > Serenity and VOICE are working in tandem to destroy the OS/2 community

> > If the above is how they're going to "destroy" OS/2, then fire away
> > boys!  And keep it comin!  OS/2 needs more "destruction" like this.

> Marty, you missed a couple or material facts. Be careful of believing
> anything Martin posts.

> Here are the facts:

> ThirdEye is not for eCS as TM claimed. According to the author's website,
> a Russian site, it is an OS/2 application. It costs $35 through a US
> vendor. I did a thorough search of all the English pages of the website.
> There was NO mention of eCS.

I didn't even have to look it up to come to that understanding.  Just
seeing the pattern of idiocy was enough for me to form that conclusion.

Quote:> Searching Voice's website revealed no mention of ThirdEye.

He mentioned their mailing list to which I'm not subscribed.  I see no
sign on the web site of how to subscribe.

Quote:> Draw your own conclusions about the honesty of anything Martin posts.

More like re-affirm said conclusions.

Quote:> For all I know, he made it up or someone sent it to him as a joke and
> he believed it.

I vote the former.
 
 
 

VOICE's False eCS Advertising

Post by Paul Smedl » Tue, 15 May 2001 08:56:22


On Sun, 13 May 2001 20:11:14, "David T. Johnson"


> > > > > This announcement regarding ThirdEye below is currently running on the
> > > > > VOICE Mail/News List.

> > > > > ThirdEye 1.0.1 is officially released.  ThirdEye is universal digital
> > > > > camera manipulation program for eComStation.

There is of course another possibility in all this - in my experience
with submitting news articles to Voice, they've never been edited
without a note saying so, ie [Moderator note: xxxx].

Isn't it possible that Mark just posted the article as received from
the Russian developers?  Perhaps they sent the same note to the
EcomStation news list, os2.org and Voice?

Not everything in this world is a * against OS/2 and for eCS.

--
Regards,

Paul.
{Still running Warp 4 + FP15 even though he's an alleged eCS
Salesperson}

 
 
 

VOICE's False eCS Advertising

Post by OS2Gu » Tue, 15 May 2001 09:45:48



> On Sun, 13 May 2001 20:11:14, "David T. Johnson"

> > > > > > This announcement regarding ThirdEye below is currently running on the
> > > > > > VOICE Mail/News List.

> > > > > > ThirdEye 1.0.1 is officially released.  ThirdEye is universal digital
> > > > > > camera manipulation program for eComStation.

> There is of course another possibility in all this - in my experience
> with submitting news articles to Voice, they've never been edited
> without a note saying so, ie [Moderator note: xxxx].

> Isn't it possible that Mark just posted the article as received from
> the Russian developers?  Perhaps they sent the same note to the
> EcomStation news list, os2.org and Voice?

> Not everything in this world is a * against OS/2 and for eCS.

Very possible but that doesn't excuse any of those publication sites
from failing to correct or blocking such false  advertising.  The point
is:  VOICE has been caught at this lying game many times and the excuse
always comes down to a lack of vigilance over what is allowed to run
rampant over their news-feed mailing lists.  When the ground
noise over these false adverti*ts become deafening VOICE admits to
the error but do they correct it?  When it comes to eCS they haven't
done so in the past and the chances of Mark Dodel issuing a "oops we're
sorry for this false adverti*t going out over our news and mail
list" is non-existent.

People simply have to understand that VOICE is going to purposely allow
these kinds of lies to be published and that they are certainly willing
to accept these kinds of false adverti*ts when it comes to
Serenity's eCS.  The lack of credibility coming from Serenity and VOICE
is continually overwhelming.

Another problem is: there always seems to be another well-known eCS
supporter who comes along and tries to either cover-up for these
'incidents' or to provide some kind of excuse.  In this instance, Paul
Smedley, who runs an OS2 eGroup known for supporting and the subsequent
advertising of eCS on his eGroup forum while making it publicly known he
will either block or censor anyone who speaks out about the eCS misnomer
or false advertising on his moderated [eCS] eGroup.

 
 
 

VOICE's False eCS Advertising

Post by Esther Schindl » Tue, 15 May 2001 13:01:14


On Sun, 13 May 2001 22:06:19, "David T. Johnson"
| Based on the author's page, I don't even see how OS2.org can even know
| that ThirdEye will run on eCS.  The program website only lists OS/2 and
| the eCS GA is unavailable for testing.  The OS/2 Voice and OS2.ORG
| announcements are a disgusting example of the bad effect that eCS is
| having on OS/2...and eCS has not even been released yet.  

David: they're *announcement lists.* They aren't reviews. They do not
endorse products. The announcements aren't confirmed, fact-checked,
illuminated, examined, or anything else. They serve the same purpose
as comp.os.os2.announce. Someone wants to disseminate a message to the
OS/2 community, and services like VOICE's help to get the word out.

I have no idea who's moderating c.o.o.announce these days -- do you?
Very few messages seem to be posted there. OTOH, VOICE's announcements
have lots of traffic, and it's a useful way to keep up on the latest
product releases, fixpack uploads, and so on. Judgement left to the
discretion of the reader.

It's just a bulletin board, for &deity's sake. If it's even vaguely
OS/2-related (such as a Java editor), it's considered okay.

--Esther

 
 
 

VOICE's False eCS Advertising

Post by bobg.. » Tue, 15 May 2001 13:20:01


On 05/13/2001 at 05:33 PM,

Quote:> A very similar announcement is now being publicized at OS2.ORG.   That
> announcement says:
> "ThirdEye 1.0.1 is officially released. ThirdEye is universal digital
> camera manipulation program for eComStation. Hardware tested  and
> supported:
> Agfa ePhoto307
> Olympus D-460Z
> Olympus C-860L
> Olympus C-920 ZOOM
> Olympus C-1400L
> and other O-project COM-port cameras (several Olympus, Agfa,  Epson,
> Nikon, Sanyo digital cameras, and some other models)
> Contact us immediately if your camera is supported."
> The url is here: http://www.veryComputer.com/#2890
> As you can clearly see the adverti*t is false.

You are again caught in a flat out, vicious, malicious lie. There is NO
ADVERTI*T on the above URL. There is a POSTING BY A USER who made the
claim. If anyone is guilty of anything it is the poster according to your
defense of the fraud committed on a poor sot who tried to purchase
something from one of your auctions.

Speaking of which where did they go? Try running your own shitass website
and stop lying about other webmasters' sites.

Quote:> OS2.ORG is now lying to those who visit their site and read their news
> item concerning the latest release of "eCS-only' ThirdEye. OS2World,
> OTOH, has been wise enough to forego publishing the item all together.

You are the one lying. The site does not have a web authored news item or
any adverti*t. It has a posting from a user, nothing more.

BTW where are the classified ads, Timmie. Worry about your own shitass
website and leave other webmasters' sites alone.

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proudly running OS/2 Warp 4, WSeB and eCS on our network
MR/2 Ice 2.28a Registration Number 67
Windows Error: 015 - Unable to exit Windows.  Try the door.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

VOICE's False eCS Advertising

Post by bobg.. » Tue, 15 May 2001 13:22:14


On 05/13/2001 at 06:06 PM,

Quote:> Based on the author's page, I don't even see how OS2.org can even know
> that ThirdEye will run on eCS.  The program website only lists OS/2 and
> the eCS GA is unavailable for testing.  The OS/2 Voice and OS2.ORG
> announcements are a disgusting example of the bad effect that eCS is
> having on OS/2...and eCS has not even been released yet.  

The only thing disgusting is the lies you twist from half-fact
half-fictions to denegrate Serenity Systems.

And you want us to believe you are not Tim Martin. HA!

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proudly running OS/2 Warp 4, WSeB and eCS on our network
MR/2 Ice 2.28a Registration Number 67
Windows Error: 123 - Windows not found -=Use Real Operating System=-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

VOICE's False eCS Advertising

Post by OS2Gu » Tue, 15 May 2001 14:50:23



> On Sun, 13 May 2001 22:06:19, "David T. Johnson"

> | Based on the author's page, I don't even see how OS2.org can even know
> | that ThirdEye will run on eCS.  The program website only lists OS/2 and
> | the eCS GA is unavailable for testing.  The OS/2 Voice and OS2.ORG
> | announcements are a disgusting example of the bad effect that eCS is
> | having on OS/2...and eCS has not even been released yet.

> David: they're *announcement lists.*

No, they are not *announcement lists* Esther and you know it.  They
are an endor*t by the owner/web site of the item being hyped.
Each owner/Web Site has the full ability to either stop the false
adverti*t or to correct the false information.  Neither VOICE
nor OS2.ORG has stepped forward to do that.  Those who read
and visit these sites take the information presented as near gospel.
Serenity, VOICE and OS2.ORG know that and are fully responsible
for lying to the OS2 public.

Quote:> They aren't reviews. They do not
> endorse products.

By running the adverti*ts they are by all means 'endorsing
the products' and don't try and smooth this over or cover for
Serenity's continued lying to the OS2 user.  

Quote:>The announcements aren't confirmed, fact-checked,
> illuminated, examined, or anything else.

Bullshit.  Let someone else try posting and getting a false
and misleading adverti*t through these sites and mailing
lists and Dodel or OS2.ORG will pull it immediately or issue
a correction or apology.  Neither has happened.  In fact, ORS.ORG
has fallen right behind VOICE and posted the near verbatim
announcement.  Someone HAD to have approved that information
be put into place on that web site and to purposely mislead and
lie to the OS2 community is appalling.

Quote:> They serve the same purpose
> as comp.os.os2.announce.

The DO NOT serve the same purpose of c.o.o.announce.  In fact,
Serenity has purposely avoided EVER posting ANYTHING to c.o.o.announce.
They use these newsgroups illegally to post announcement after
announcement and challenge and attack anyone who cries foul.
Serenity feels they are exempt from the fair rules of newsgroup
play and if they aren't given free reign to do as they please then
they will drum any opposer out and destroy them with lies, innuendo,
and downright false accusation.

Quote:> Someone wants to disseminate a message to the
> OS/2 community, and services like VOICE's help to get the word out.

And owners of such web sites are fully responsible for allowing
any such false information to be published on their services.  They
are accountable for allowing that false information to be distributed.

Quote:> I have no idea who's moderating c.o.o.announce these days -- do you?

It doesn't matter who is moderating c.o.o.announce.  There is a
procedure
in place and it is to be used.  If the OS/2 community is unhappy with
the job the moderator of c.o.o.announce is performing they have right
to seek his removal but to try and brush this off as his fault is
totally
erroneous - especially by you.

Quote:> Very few messages seem to be posted there. OTOH, VOICE's announcements
> have lots of traffic, and it's a useful way to keep up on the latest
> product releases, fixpack uploads, and so on. Judgement left to the
> discretion of the reader.

Bullshit.  VOICE has been known to repeatedly lie to the reader
and Dan Casey was caught doing it and even publicly apologized.
Yet it didn't stop.  He made sure the same lie he was reporting
on the mail list continued to be repeated in the VOICE newsletter.
That lie was that IBM's Software Choice was good for only one
year and the VOICE recommendation was for the OS2 user to
avoid that avenue of OS2 upgrade and follow the eCS purchase
where they could erroneously get a two-year's worth of upgrades,
enhancements and new features - the implication being such a
two-year upgrade plan came with every purchase, which it does
not.  In fact, it costs more money then a SWC subscription which
comes AUTOMATICALLY with a two-year offering of upgrades,
new features and enhancements.

Quote:> It's just a bulletin board, for &deity's sake. If it's even vaguely
> OS/2-related (such as a Java editor), it's considered okay.

If it is 'just a bulletin board' then you won't mind if false and
misleading announcements concerning POSSI and Esther Schindler
begin appearing on all of these OS2 outlets.
Quote:> --Esther

 
 
 

1. IBM's False Advertising

Why do IBM folks tell me that Warp supports Windows for Workgroups when
it doesn't?

I run an online service that is spanned accross 486's and Pentiums via
NetDDE which is a protocol included with Windows for Workgroups. At
Comdex I saw the wonders of Warp and was willing and ready to purchase
until I found out Warp disables the networking of W4WG. What gives?

When OS/2 2.1 came out I (and many others) went out and bought the OS,
but when it didn't support my video card in true-color and did not support
my Hayes ESP serial cards at 230kbps I posted on comp.os.os2.advocacy.
I got responses like "Well you should have thought about OS/2 before you
bought your PC." and "Why didn't you buy your PC around OS/2?" What kind
of crap is that? In case you didn't notice IBM, YOU ARE BEHIND IN THE GAME!
Microsoft has the market and if you want to be competitive, you need to
support the hardware that people currently have.

I always hear funny statistics like "IBM sold XX million copies of OS/2"
when 95% of those copies are sitting on peoples shelves. I know all of
my co-workers have a shrink-wrapped copy of OS/2 sitting on their shelves.

What would it take for me to run OS/2?

        + Must fully support my hardware
        + Support for NetDDE

What would I like to see in OS/2 (but not necessary)

        + Network options similar to Windows NT
        + hardware security like Windows NT
        + batch processes like Windows NT
        + good native compilers (like Visual C++ 2.0)
        + Easy to use shell (like PC Tools 2.0)
        + more native apps

Well that's my annual "I gave OS/2 version x.xx a try and hate it,"
flame away. (I'll be reading)

--
Jeremy Rule                      Common Destiny

aka Honeybucket                  Excalibur!

2. Poor Performance - FS95

3. False advertising by IBM?

4. ange-ftp and .rhosts/.netrc

5. COMPLAINT: IBM false advertising on Warp box

6. DNS & DHCP config tool

7. False advertising by

8. Users container

9. False advertising by IBM

10. COMPLAINT: Microsoft false advertising on Windows box

11. Complaint: ibm false advertising on warp box

12. eCS hoses another eCS Luser's System