NT as a Print Server in an OS/2 Warp Server domain

NT as a Print Server in an OS/2 Warp Server domain

Post by Andy » Sun, 13 May 2001 21:46:56

I've installed an NT Print Server in an OS/2 domain - the NT server is in on
a different subnet and has 256 MB Ram. The alias for the NT server has been
defined on the OS/2 DC and in most cases, clients logon to the DC and are
assigned the various LPT connections via the print server. (using HP Web Jet
admin for IP addressing on NT)

However, sometimes the clients do not get their LPT connections to the NT
server wgen they logon. Pinging the NT server from a client doesnt always
register a reply.

Can anyone suggest where the problem may lie?

Andy

NT as a Print Server in an OS/2 Warp Server domain

Post by Allan Shay » Mon, 14 May 2001 16:58:57

Possibly router configuration in the tcpip configyuration
notebook...However if it works sometimes, but not others the problem
is probably elsewhere.

On Sat, 12 May 2001 13:46:56 +0100, "Andy"