Director Player Error

Post by David Kru » Mon, 08 Jul 1996 04:00:00

 I have run into a problem trying to play the Explorers of the
New World CD. When trying  to load the program I get the
following windows error - Director Player 4.0,  Problem with
File, I:Explor~1\startexp.dir, -41. If I try loading using
the Skip Intro Icon I get basically the same error except the
file  pointed to is H:Explor~1\skipint.dir. I am running the
program in a full screen win-os/2 secession under OS/2 Warp
Connect with no fix packs installed. I have QuickTime 2.03
installed and can sucessfully    use the player 4.0 to view
other mov files. It is curious that the drive pointed to in
each of the errors is different from my CD drive which is N.
Both of these files are on the CD. Any ideas? Thanks in
advance.

Dave

Director Player Error

Post by debbr.. » Mon, 08 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I have run into a problem trying to play the Explorers of the
>New World CD. When trying  to load the program I get the
>following windows error - Director Player 4.0,  Problem with
>File, I:Explor~1\startexp.dir, -41. If I try loading using
>the Skip Intro Icon I get basically the same error except the
>file  pointed to is H:Explor~1\skipint.dir. I am running the
>program in a full screen win-os/2 secession under OS/2 Warp
>Connect with no fix packs installed. I have QuickTime 2.03
>installed and can sucessfully    use the player 4.0 to view
>other mov files. It is curious that the drive pointed to in

Are you running Win-OS/2 in enhanced or standard mode?
I'm told that Director doesn't like running in Win-OS/2
enhanced mode.  I changed the setting to standard and
it ran great.

I'm not sure if this is the problem you are running into,
but give it a try, it might help. :)

Disclaimer:     Disclaim THIS, pal! (I didn't do it, I swear!)

ObSigQuote0:  "Bummer getting your *kicked by a dead guy" Col. McQueen
ObSigQuote1:  "Get Warped!"

Director Player Error

Post by Didier TOULOU » Tue, 09 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I have run into a problem trying to play the Explorers of the
>New World CD. When trying  to load the program I get the
>following windows error - Director Player 4.0,  Problem with
>File, I:Explor~1\startexp.dir, -41. If I try loading using
>the Skip Intro Icon I get basically the same error except the
>file  pointed to is H:Explor~1\skipint.dir. I am running the
>program in a full screen win-os/2 secession under OS/2 Warp
>Connect with no fix packs installed.

This problem have been fixed in a fixpack (sorry I don't remember witch one)
Director applications works fine for me since I apply the FP17.

______________________
Didier TOULOUZE
Team OS/2 France

Director Player Error

Post by David Kru » Wed, 10 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> > I have run into a problem trying to play the Explorers of
the
> >New World CD. When trying  to load the program I get the
> >following windows error - Director Player 4.0,  Problem
with
> >File, I:Explor~1\startexp.dir, -41. If I try loading using
> >the Skip Intro Icon I get basically the same error except
the
> >file  pointed to is H:Explor~1\skipint.dir. I am running
the
> >program in a full screen win-os/2 secession under OS/2 Warp
> >Connect with no fix packs installed.
> This problem have been fixed in a fixpack (sorry I don't

remember witch one)
> Director applications works fine for me since I apply the
FP17.

> ______________________
> Didier TOULOUZE
> Team OS/2 France

Thanks I also recieved an email suggesting I try FP 17. I have
it but have been reluctant to try it based on reported
problems with my mail program. But, I'll test it out on
another partition I can use as a test case and see what
happens

Dave

Director Player Error

Post by David Kru » Wed, 10 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> > I have run into a problem trying to play the Explorers of
the
> >New World CD. When trying  to load the program I get the
> >following windows error - Director Player 4.0,  Problem
with
> >File, I:Explor~1\startexp.dir, -41. If I try loading using
> >the Skip Intro Icon I get basically the same error except
the
> >file  pointed to is H:Explor~1\skipint.dir. I am running
the
> >program in a full screen win-os/2 secession under OS/2 Warp
> >Connect with no fix packs installed. I have QuickTime 2.03
> >installed and can sucessfully    use the player 4.0 to view
> >other mov files. It is curious that the drive pointed to in

> Are you running Win-OS/2 in enhanced or standard mode?
> I'm told that Director doesn't like running in Win-OS/2
> enhanced mode.  I changed the setting to standard and
> it ran great.

> I'm not sure if this is the problem you are running into,
> but give it a try, it might help. :)

> Disclaimer:     Disclaim THIS, pal! (I didn't do it, I
swear!)

> ObSigQuote0:  "Bummer getting your *kicked by a dead
guy" Col. McQueen
> ObSigQuote1:  "Get Warped!"

Thanks I've also been told by several people that FP 17 fixed
that problem.

Dave

1. Director Player bug.

It seems that a certain windows-program called Director will not run under OS/2.

I have two programs, that uses this stuff, and since at least one is a
full-priced product that I intend to use, thise bothers me a lot (it's
a music program called Circle Elements).

I contacted the company that imports CE in Denmark, but they could say nil, but
it being OS/2's fault, as the program runs  fine under win3.x and win95.

It DOES seem to me to be a buf in WINOS/2, then, but can anyone inform me as
to it's nature, and eventually suggest a workaround?

Sincerely,

Peter.

--
c.   _- Thus spoke Peter Juul, he that is known as The RockBear -_  o.-.o
(_"     "There can be only one RockBear" - Doctor Moensted, 1994    ((^))

2. Money98FS only LAUNCHES Netscape 4.04

3. Running Director player in Win-Os2

4. Connecting Mac IISi with 10 gallon Aquarium

5. quicktime player - QUICKTIME PLAYER - QuIcKtImE Player ??????????

6. Sendmail 8.9.1 released

7. MMOS/2 video player dies when 2 players are up

8. Apple IIgs Upgrade (fwd)

9. MMOS2 CD-Player access error

10. Macromedia Director for OS/2!

11. MacroMedia Director 4.0 and Warp

12. PC-card director and network installation help needed.

13. Macromedia Director in Win-OS2