Tia and iak ?

Post by Lavoie Pasc » Mon, 26 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I have installed TIA and IAK, i have configure all thing i have take
slipup.cmd from internet and i try to make it working.

The connection is good the login id is send the password is send the tia
software is executed but when i try to start ftmpm or telnet i see modem
sending data but nothing received, and after some time i receive timeout
error (no data received).

Any hint ?

Tia and iak ?

Post by Mikko Hiltun » Mon, 26 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> I have installed TIA and IAK, i have configure all thing i have take
> slipup.cmd from internet and i try to make it working.

I don't use slipup.cmd, just plain slip.exe.

Quote:> The connection is good the login id is send the password is send the tia
> software is executed but when i try to start ftmpm or telnet i see modem
> sending data but nothing received, and after some time i receive timeout
> error (no data received).
> Any hint ?

Either mis-configured or DNS is not working.
Do you have /etc/resolv or /etc/resolve file? They are supposed to be:
domain umontreal.ca
nameserver <nameserver.here>
nameserver <nameserver2.here>

--

  Mikko Hiltunen             Student of  Helsinki University of Technology