OS/2 2.0 vs OS/2 2.1 : Differences in DOS/Windows compatibility

Post by Timothy F. Sippl » Sat, 19 Jun 1993 06:57:34

>    Whenever I run a Dos or Windows Application that accesses a
>Instrument Control card under the Dos/Windows Mode of OS/2 2.0,
>I have to disable Interrupts and DMA on the card. With the Beta
>version of OS/2 2.1, I observe that the Dos and Windows device
>driver that controls this card is able to perform DMA. Can anyone
>explain to me why it is possible to perform DMA under DOS/Windows
>mode of OS/2 2.1? Hope this will hold true for the official
>release of OS/2 2.1.

OS/2 2.0 did have some bugs in the handling of DMA inside DOS/Windows
sessions.  OS/2 2.1 appears to have cleared up these problems.

--
Timothy F. Sipples       |READ the OS/2 FAQ List 2.1A, available from

of Chicago, 60637        |[Post to ONE newsgroup only AFTER reading the List.]