Lotus 1-2-3 2.0 for OS/2

Post by Fidel I Vil » Sun, 29 Aug 1993 13:23:32

I bought Lotus 1-2-3 2.0 three days ago and here are my impressions:

1. Very limited Smarticons.
2. Very poor font handling. Reminiscent of Quattro Pro 2.0. You
   have to set-up font a, b, c, ..., t setup up each selection
   for font name and size.
3. Not so intuitive page setup and printing.
4. Clumsy menu even the CUA style. Some very often used like
    font changing, border adding are buried 3 layers deep.
5. Can only import Lotus 1-2-3 file formats.

Useable but don't the power of Quattro Pro for Windows
or the Lotus Windows version.

I am not returning it hoping Lotus will improve it and I will
get the upgrade.

OR DID I GET THE WRONG VERSION! I called Lotus and they are
closed Friday (8/27) for an Eastern Sales conference.

Fidel

Lotus 1-2-3 2.0 for OS/2

Post by Steve Lum » Mon, 30 Aug 1993 15:11:31

Quote:

>I bought Lotus 1-2-3 2.0 three days ago and here are my impressions:

                               [. . .]

Quote:>2. Very poor font handling. Reminiscent of Quattro Pro 2.0. You
>   have to set-up font a, b, c, ..., t setup up each selection
>   for font name and size.

                               [. . .]

Just one question,  did you try  the Font Palette? Using MEMSIZ tought
me  that if you're  not  sure if an  app  uses the Font/Color pallets,
assume it does... :-)

--

How do *I* do it? I OS/2 IT!      | OS/2 SIG BBS: 702/433-5535 v.32bis

Lotus 1-2-3 2.0 for OS/2

Post by John Joseph Strybos » Fri, 03 Sep 1993 02:05:10

I guess the lesson to learn is to buy appropriatly.

I use 1-2-3 for OS/2 and would never consider
going back to a non-threaded spread sheet again.
The fact that doesn't have some of the features that
I rarely want is much less of an issue to me than
usability.

An other case in point is Corel Draw for OS/2.  It
doesn't have all the features of the Windows
versions, but it is much much more stable on
my machine.  It handles very complex graphics
without a burp and has a threaded preview!

You just need to know what your priorities are.

JJ

Lotus 1-2-3 2.0 for OS/2

Post by James D Schaed » Sun, 05 Sep 1993 12:32:44

Quote:>I bought Lotus 1-2-3 2.0 three days ago and here are my impressions:
>1. Very limited Smarticons.
>2. Very poor font handling. Reminiscent of Quattro Pro 2.0. You
>   have to set-up font a, b, c, ..., t setup up each selection
>   for font name and size.
>3. Not so intuitive page setup and printing.
>4. Clumsy menu even the CUA style. Some very often used like
>    font changing, border adding are buried 3 layers deep.
>5. Can only import Lotus 1-2-3 file formats.

[...]

Quote:>OR DID I GET THE WRONG VERSION! I called Lotus and they are
>closed Friday (8/27) for an Eastern Sales conference.

That sounds exactly like version 1.1.  You better check on this.

--
Jim