IP Number

Post by Jerry All » Tue, 24 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Greetings,

Is there a way to get your current IP number (dynamic IP) into an
environment variable automaticaly?

Jerry Allen

IP Number

Post by Tony Ra » Wed, 25 Dec 1996 04:00:00

:Is there a way to get your current IP number (dynamic IP) into an
:environment variable automaticaly?

/* Extract the IP addresses for all serial interfaces.
   Also check and set the hostname.

*/

Do While Queued() > 0
  Parse Pull hostname
  End

Do While Queued() > 0
  Parse Pull ifdef
  parse var ifdef 'addr' ipaddr 'interface' ifnum . 'broadcast' ipdest
  if ifnum>9 then do
    ipaddr = strip(ipaddr)
    ipdest = strip(ipdest)
    say 'For interface' ifnum', my address is' ipaddr
    say '         destination address is' ipdest
    if ifnum=10 then     /* For first serial interface, set env. var. */

    end
  End

--

1. Question about IP numbers

I understand that "nslookup" or "host" will give the domain
name
of an IP number, but can some knowledgable person advise how
to find the IP number of a website that gives you its "name"
in the netscape title?

Writing this offline and think I have the answer now but it
leads to a further question "Where does one find the options
(or syntax) of nslookup?"

Thanks
Richard A Crane
Barrister & Solicitor
slightly altered email (anti-spamming) rcrane AT
octa4.net.au
OR rcrane AT attglobal.net

2. FS pair of 32meg 72pin simms $75.00

3. My DOS-sessions CANNOT resolve hostnames to IP-number

4. Creating Subweb

5. How do I tell WARP my IP-Number/Hostname

6. What's the resolution of a Palm?

7. IP numbers for LAN

8. Falcon030 hard drive problem

9. IP Number dtermination...

10. Can you have two ip numbers on one machine?

11. Finding IP numbers/Timbuktu

12. Microsoft releases an official "number of users" number for Win 95

13. The 1 million sales number vs. WINDOWS '95 SALES NUMBER: 3 MILLION!