.INF to .TXT conversion program wanted

Post by Simon Horsbur » Sun, 06 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
assisstance would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

simon

Post by Horst Kieh » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

> Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
> INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
> assisstance would be greatly appreciated!

When viewing the document, print it on a text-only printer object
redirected to a file. (I haven't done this myself, but this is what was
recommended by others.)

Horst

Post by wulf.. » Sun, 13 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
>INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
>assisstance would be greatly appreciated!

>Cheers,

>simon

Somewhere else I read about a file named INFXDL86.zip, doing the job. Did not
try it out though. It is said to indeed convert inf-files to text-files

rgds/Marcel

.INF to .TXT conversion program wanted

Post by David C. Co » Mon, 14 Aug 1995 04:00:00

:>

:>>
:>>Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
:>>INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
:>>assisstance would be greatly appreciated!
:>>
:>>Cheers,
:>>
:>>simon

:>>
:>
:>Somewhere else I read about a file named INFXDL86.zip, doing the job. Did not
:>try it out though. It is said to indeed convert inf-files to text-files
:>
:>rgds/Marcel
:>

That is the name, and it does work...  It also converts .hlp files to text.
It is in hobbes library, not usre where though...

Dave
http://www.efn.org/~davecole

.INF to .TXT conversion program wanted

Post by Gary Fa » Wed, 16 Aug 1995 04:00:00

:>

:>>
:>>Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
:>>INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
:>>assisstance would be greatly appreciated!
:>>
:>>Cheers,
:>>
:>>simon

:>>
:>
:>Somewhere else I read about a file named INFXDL86.zip, doing the job. Did not
:>try it out though. It is said to indeed convert inf-files to text-files
:>
:>rgds/Marcel
:>

Here's one that I use regularly. It converts both inf and hlp files:

INFCNB79.ZIP

.INF to .TXT conversion program wanted

Post by Simon Horsbur » Sat, 19 Aug 1995 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

>Here's one that I use regularly. It converts both inf and hlp files:

>INFCNB79.ZIP

Thanks to everyone who sent me information on this utility.  I have used
it and have to say that it works very well.  The version you quote
however is now out-of-date, although the new version number escapes me at
the moment :-].  I'm pretty sure it's on ftp-os2.cdrom.com though.

Once again, thanks!

----
Sackboy -> "There can be only one..."

[Insert witty comment here]

Post by dave anders » Fri, 05 Jan 1996 04:00:00

: > Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
: > INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
: > assisstance would be greatly appreciated!

: When viewing the document, print it on a text-only printer object
: redirected to a file. (I haven't done this myself, but this is what was
: recommended by others.)

Too slick, too cool.  Thanx a mill!

--

Dave

                                                  /      The Think Tank   \
                                                  [      (516)427-3775    ]
                                                  [_____ "Your Home/2"____]
                                                  [***********************]

Post by dave anders » Wed, 24 Jan 1996 04:00:00

: > Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
: > INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
: > assisstance would be greatly appreciated!

: When viewing the document, print it on a text-only printer object
: redirected to a file. (I haven't done this myself, but this is what was
: recommended by others.)

I tried that. I couldn't find a printer that was a text only.

Dave
                :=--=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-:
                :::  In  Irons BBS  :::::::::::::::
       /|       :::"Your Home/2":::::::::::::::
      / |       :::(516) 427-3775::::::::::
     /  |       :::Home of HUNware::::::

   /____|       :=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-
   _____|_____
   \         /
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post by Adam Mirows » Thu, 25 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> : > Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
> : > INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
> : > assisstance would be greatly appreciated!
> :
> : When viewing the document, print it on a text-only printer object
> : redirected to a file. (I haven't done this myself, but this is what was
> : recommended by others.)

> I tried that. I couldn't find a printer that was a text only.

A solution which worked OK for me was to use an INF to HTML converter
(under OS/2), then convert from HTML to ASCII under Linux using lynx,
the text-mode Web browser which allows to save the rendered version to
a file. The package for INF->HTML conversion is called something like
"infhtm". Note that it produces a series of HTML scripts, which need to
be linked together, I believe, using another tool mentionned in the
package.

The result is of good quality.

--

Chorus systemes, 6, av.Gustave Eiffel, 78182 Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines CEDEX

Post by br.. » Thu, 25 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>: > Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
>: > INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
>: > assisstance would be greatly appreciated!

>: When viewing the document, print it on a text-only printer object
>: redirected to a file. (I haven't done this myself, but this is what was
>: recommended by others.)

>I tried that. I couldn't find a printer that was a text only.

I'm not totally clear as to what you are trying to do but there is a text
mode .inf viewer on hobbes. Its in /os2/textutil/view01.zip both dos
and os/2 versions.

Why not just use the copy to file service from the view.exe window?

peace.
bhr

Post by mulli.. » Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>> : > Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
>> : > INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
>> : > assisstance would be greatly appreciated!
>> :
>> : When viewing the document, print it on a text-only printer object
>> : redirected to a file. (I haven't done this myself, but this is what was
>> : recommended by others.)

>> I tried that. I couldn't find a printer that was a text only.

>A solution which worked OK for me was to use an INF to HTML converter
>(under OS/2), then convert from HTML to ASCII under Linux using lynx,
>the text-mode Web browser which allows to save the rendered version to
>a file. The package for INF->HTML conversion is called something like
>"infhtm". Note that it produces a series of HTML scripts, which need to
>be linked together, I believe, using another tool mentionned in the
>package.

>The result is of good quality.

>--

>Chorus systemes, 6, av.Gustave Eiffel, 78182 Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines CEDEX

this is nice to know... Thanks!

but I think I have a short cut for you...  Use HTMLCon to change it to a text
file... it is available from Hobbes or IBM's FTP sites.

Post by Ray Ch » Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>> : > Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
>> : > INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
>> : > assisstance would be greatly appreciated!
[text deleted]

>A solution which worked OK for me was to use an INF to HTML converter
>(under OS/2), then convert from HTML to ASCII under Linux using lynx,
>the text-mode Web browser which allows to save the rendered version to
>a file. The package for INF->HTML conversion is called something like
>"infhtm". Note that it produces a series of HTML scripts, which need to
>be linked together, I believe, using another tool mentionned in the
>package.

There is now an OS/2 version of lynx thanks to Derek J Decker

from hobbes.nmsu.edu (most likely in /os2/unix).

There is also a text-mode INF viewer called VIPF. I think it's
also available on hobbes.

What I would like to see is a way to convert HTML to INF or (gag)
Windows help. I would like to make some information available
in-house but don't want to force everyone to learn a web browser.

--

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

.INF to .TXT conversion program wanted

Post by mulli.. » Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>: > Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
>: > INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
>: > assisstance would be greatly appreciated!

>: When viewing the document, print it on a text-only printer object
>: redirected to a file. (I haven't done this myself, but this is what was
>: recommended by others.)

>I tried that. I couldn't find a printer that was a text only.

>Dave
>                :=--=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-:
>                :::  In  Irons BBS  :::::::::::::::
>       /|       :::"Your Home/2":::::::::::::::
>      / |       :::(516) 427-3775::::::::::
>     /  |       :::Home of HUNware::::::

>   /____|       :=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-
>   _____|_____
>   \         /
>  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think what was ment was to use a template to create a printer object on
your desktop that redirects to a text file...

hope you find the right answer

.INF to .TXT conversion program wanted

Post by Teruel de Cam » Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:00:00

anderson)
Quote: writes:

:>

:>
:>: > Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts OS/2
:>: > INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?  Any
:>: > assisstance would be greatly appreciated!
:>
:>: When viewing the document, print it on a text-only printer object
:>: redirected to a file. (I haven't done this myself, but this is what was
:>: recommended by others.)
:>
:>I tried that. I couldn't find a printer that was a text only.
:>

Dave,

There is a program that does what you wanted. I saw it in Compuserve OS2USER
forum Lib 4  INFCON.ZIP

Regards,

.INF to .TXT conversion program wanted

Post by Bill Oconn » Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>>> : > Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which
>>> : > converts INF files into text (or even some other word-processing
>>> : > format)?  Any assisstance would be greatly appreciated!

Look for a file thelp018.zip on hobbes.  This is both a .hlp,
and .inf  file viewer, as well as a text converter. It is a text
mode app which may be used with or without PM.

Check it out.

--

Bill OConnor

*  When the NEWS is bad!  --  SHOOT the messenger!  *

1. .INF to .TXT conversion u

p> Does anyone know where I could get hold of a program which converts
p> OS/2  INF files into text (or even some other word-processing format)?
p> Any  assisstance would be greatly appreciated!

The following file is on hobbes - check the index file for the directory
location.

infxdl86.zip 356467 InfConvert v0.86, convert .INF/HLP files to ASCII text

---

--

2. cups/cups.h file not found

3. .INF to .TXT conversion utility

4. Application communication

5. Convert .INF to .TXT

6. compiling a library

7. TXT or INF info needed

8. Applesoft BASIC

9. TXT -> INF: Thanks!

10. Emx/gcc and .inf to .txt

11. .INF to .TXT conversi

12. INF to TXT converter

13. emx: why is log(Inf)=Inf and exp(Inf)=NaN?