Lost My Windows Apps!

Post by Robert Ca » Thu, 20 Feb 1992 09:01:19

Somehow I ended up with two Windows Programs icons on my desktop and
wanted to get rid of one.  I drug it to the shredder and dropped it.
It asked me one by one about everything in it and of course I said
yes.  After the last one both icons went away!  No more Windows Programs.
How do I get ONE back?
--

"Systems should be described as simply as possible, but no simpler."
                                                    A. Einstein

1. Seamless feature lost to Windows apps

Since pulling the plug on Netscape Beta 2, I have lost ability to run Windows apps on the desktop
(Warp 3.0 Fixpak 22 level).  They cross-hatch momentarily and then quit without coming close
to opening.  SEAMLESS.DLL is in place.  I can open Program Manager and run them from there
or from a Full-Screen Win-OS/2 session, but even then they hesitate and sometimes lock up OS/2
tight.

I have the dreaded Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM with S3 drivers version 1.02 installed at 1024x768x64K.
 I have tried reinstalling them, I have reinstalled Win-os2, I have fixed the syslevel at 3001
(Warp w/ Win-os2), but still no seamless apps.  This display is part of a Pentium 90 with 32MB
RAM.

When this happened before, I eventually reinstalled OS/2, but I sure would like to avoid that
unless absolutely necessary.

I have just installed the release version of Netscape and nothing's changed (except the addition
of Netscape, of course <G>).

Anybody got ideas?  Is the culprit the S3's (I suspect).  I'm thinking of laying out the cash
for another video card, as Diamond is unreachable, probably won't support OS/2 anyway, and
posts only the same ol' lame drivers since 1994.  I've seen the new S3 drivers, but I'm not
optimistic about their appropriateness for this card.

David

2. visor screen replacement

3. HELP: Seamless Windows Apps. always lose focus

4. iMac Startup Problem

5. Lost ability to launch Windows apps.

6. Outlook Conduits on Mac

7. Warp causing app windows to lose focus?

8. Last Ninja 2.tap

9. losing windows apps. Help please?

10. Warp Connect Loses Out to Windows NT and Windows 95

11. Pasting from windows app to OS/2 app doesn't work!

12. Can't run windows apps in a window

13. Opening windows apps into a window vs. full screen