WPS && dragging && multiple files

Post by David M Kreindl » Wed, 03 Jun 1992 07:37:09

Does anyone out there know how to use the Workplace Shell drag feature
to pass multiple file names to a single program?  For example, say I
configure a WPS program object to run diff: how do I set it up so that I
can select two files, drag 'em both to the diff object, and have it spit
out the output appropriate for, 'diff file1 file2'?  As I currently have
it set up, my WPS accepts both dragged files, starts two copies of diff,
and produces output appropriate for, 'diff file1; diff file2'. (Please
excuse the UNIX-speak.)
--

"Sometimes you're the windshield / Sometimes you're the bug...." - Dire Straits

WPS && dragging && multiple files

Post by Michael Harr » Thu, 04 Jun 1992 10:55:50

Quote:>Does anyone out there know how to use the Workplace Shell drag feature
>to pass multiple file names to a single program?

Under the 1.3 File Manager, you held down the CNTRL key while dragging to
accomplish this.  I haven't tried it yet under 2.0.

 System Administrator, Computer & Technologies Theme Program, NC State Univ.
(My opinions are my own and do not represent those of NCSU or IBM Corporation)

1. FaxWorks & IBMWorks & Drag & Drop

I have found that when dragging and dropping an *.LWP document
to FxPrint sometimes the documents lines are word wrapped.  This
doesn't happen when printing the document from within IBMWorks to
the FxPrint device.

Is this a known bug and is there a fix for it other than printing from within
the IBMWorks wordprocessor to FxPrint?  Otherwise FaxWorks works
flawlessly and I am considering upgrading to the full version.

For everyone having problems with USR modems, try looking at the
AT&T Paradyne Dataport models.  I have had one for several years
and it works like a dream.

Regards,

2. Routing Problem ??

3. MWAVE && OS/2 && Aptive A50??

4. VM slowdown

5. Kedit

6. && USB Flash Memory Drive && << 2GB, 1GB >>

7. com to usb

8. emacs && mime && shownonascii ?

9. NS461 & drag&drop

10. FP26 & Oberon's LSTPM32 no drag&drop

11. Drag & Drop & Icons

12. Drag & Drop & Crash (PM)