RealAudio/RealPlayer

Post by RDunha » Tue, 06 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I've downloaded and installed RealPlayer and it appears to work using its
demo program.  But I've not be able to get anything from the internet to use
this plugin.  Does anyone have any suggestions on configuring this under OS/2
and the plugin information in NetScape?

Regards:  Dick

RealAudio/RealPlayer

Post by Robert Ho » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

You've missed the thread on this topic. Basically, you'll have to use WinOS2
in
order to use RealAudio/RealPlayer and run Netscape from there. No native
OS/2 available at this moment.

-Robert

>I've downloaded and installed RealPlayer and it appears to work using its
>demo program.  But I've not be able to get anything from the internet to
use
>this plugin.  Does anyone have any suggestions on configuring this under
OS/2
>and the plugin information in NetScape?

>Regards:  Dick

RealAudio/RealPlayer

Post by Charles Mim » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>I've downloaded and installed RealPlayer and it appears to work using its
>demo program.  But I've not be able to get anything from the internet to use
>this plugin.  Does anyone have any suggestions on configuring this under OS/2
>and the plugin information in NetScape?

>Regards:  Dick

RealAudio/RealPLayer can mainly be used as a helper app, and on occasion as a
plug-in.  However I have generally found it tedious to get installed and
running correctly.

It sounds like you have installed it from Win-OS2.  I would first check
Netscape and see if it is listed as a plug-in.   From the menu-bar help>about
plug-ins.  If you see RA listed there you are off to a pretty good start.
From that point go to some sites that use RA and give it  a try.  You will
likely see Netscape try to start using RA as a helper.  It only works as a
plug-in for a lesser file type RPM, for the more common RA, RAM it will run
as a helper.

You will probably start getting various error messages when you try to open
it as a helper.   Two things to check are that your autoexec.bat is correctly
configured to use windows tcp/ip apps and that RA is using only TCP for
transport (Check that under preferences for RA).  Good luck and plan on
spending some time.

1. realaudio "not a realaudio file"

I have realaudio configured on my machine. As
soon as the player starts to receive the file, I
flashes a window that tells me that the file
is not a realaudio file. The transmission halts
from there. I think tcpip is ok because the
player does start to get the file.

Any thoughts of what might be going on.

Keith Cotroneo

2. Building a shared library of c-client for use with PHP

3. Realplayer in OS/2

4. X11.iso.bz2 temporary alternative source

5. RealPlayer

6. News from ARMada

7. RealPlayer 5.0

8. New remake on the go!