DosLoadModule

Post by Andr » Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

does anyone know about an alternive for DosLoadModule ?
Because in some OS/2 Warp Version DosLoadModule is'nt supported.

Thanks.
Andre

DosLoadModule

Post by Illya Vae » Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>does anyone know about an alternive for DosLoadModule ?
>Because in some OS/2 Warp Version DosLoadModule is'nt supported.

???
What gives you that idea??

--

Holland Railconsult BV, Integral Management of Railprocess Systems
Postbus 2855, 3500 GW Utrecht

DosLoadModule

Post by Andr » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

the answer is the older command: _loadmod

Quote:> Hi,

> does anyone know about an alternive for DosLoadModule ?
> Because in some OS/2 Warp Version DosLoadModule is'nt supported.

> Thanks.
> Andre

DosLoadModule

Post by Dave Blaschk » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> the answer is the older command: _loadmod

DosLoadModule has been around since OS/2 1.0, while _loadmod is a C
run-time function.  Here is a quote from the VisualAge C++ docs
concering _loadmod:

_loadmod and _freemod perform exactly the same function as the OS/2 APIs
DosLoadModule and DosFreeModule.  They are provided for compatibility
with earlier VisualAge C++ releases only, and will not be supported in
future versions.  Use DosLoadModule and DosFreeModule instead.

> > Hi,

> > does anyone know about an alternive for DosLoadModule ?
> > Because in some OS/2 Warp Version DosLoadModule is'nt supported.

> > Thanks.
> > Andre

DosLoadModule

Post by Scott E. Garfinkl » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>> Because in some OS/2 Warp Version DosLoadModule is'nt supported.

An absolutely false assertion.

DosLoadModule

Post by Guenter Kukku » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>does anyone know about an alternive for DosLoadModule ?
>Because in some OS/2 Warp Version DosLoadModule is'nt supported.

>Thanks.
>Andre

Andre,

it is implemented since the early days of OS/2 - v. 1.0.
But you are right - there were really little * bugs
in it.
One of it was fixed in XR_W029 (Warp3) - and also in some
FP for Warp4:

  APAR= JR12586
    DOSLOADMODULE FAIL WHEN DLL NAME ENDS IN .DLL BUT
    DOES NOT HAVE AN EXPLICIT PATH

It is also mentioned as "APAR= PJ25945 in XR_W040".

I also had to program some workarounds to get it work
on all fixpak-releases.

The APAR above describes a bug, which occured, when your
dll was placed somewhere in your LIBPATH, and you called
DosLoadModule with the explicit ".DLL" extension like:

 rc = DosLoadModule (chBuf, sizeof(chBuf), "MYPROG.DLL", &hMod);

This did not work at some fixpak-levels!
You had to supply the explicit path to your dll like
"x:\\mylib\\test\\myprog.dll".

BTW:
 rc = DosLoadModule (chBuf, sizeof(chBuf), "MYPROG", &hMod);
did work!

To get an impression about the other bugs related to
DosLoadModule, unpack disk 1 of one of the latest
fixpaks (FP42 / Warp3 or FP12 / Warp4) and have a look
at the readme2.

Best wishes.
Guenter

Guenter Kukkukk
Entwicklungsbuero fuer Mikroelektronik
Damaschkestr. 24
D-10711 Berlin (Germany)
Tel.   +49 30 327 024 50
Fax:   +49 30 327 024 52

DosLoadModule

Post by Andr » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

hi,

APAR= JR12586 was exactly my problem,

thanks

> >Hi,

> >does anyone know about an alternive for DosLoadModule ?
> >Because in some OS/2 Warp Version DosLoadModule is'nt supported.

> >Thanks.
> >Andre

> Andre,

> it is implemented since the early days of OS/2 - v. 1.0.
> But you are right - there were really little * bugs
> in it.
> One of it was fixed in XR_W029 (Warp3) - and also in some
> FP for Warp4:

>   APAR= JR12586
>     DOSLOADMODULE FAIL WHEN DLL NAME ENDS IN .DLL BUT
>     DOES NOT HAVE AN EXPLICIT PATH

> It is also mentioned as "APAR= PJ25945 in XR_W040".

> I also had to program some workarounds to get it work
> on all fixpak-releases.

> The APAR above describes a bug, which occured, when your
> dll was placed somewhere in your LIBPATH, and you called
> DosLoadModule with the explicit ".DLL" extension like:

>  rc = DosLoadModule (chBuf, sizeof(chBuf), "MYPROG.DLL", &hMod);

> This did not work at some fixpak-levels!
> You had to supply the explicit path to your dll like
> "x:\\mylib\\test\\myprog.dll".

> BTW:
>  rc = DosLoadModule (chBuf, sizeof(chBuf), "MYPROG", &hMod);
> did work!

> To get an impression about the other bugs related to
> DosLoadModule, unpack disk 1 of one of the latest
> fixpaks (FP42 / Warp3 or FP12 / Warp4) and have a look
> at the readme2.

> Best wishes.
> Guenter

> Guenter Kukkukk
> Entwicklungsbuero fuer Mikroelektronik
> Damaschkestr. 24
> D-10711 Berlin (Germany)
> Tel.   +49 30 327 024 50
> Fax:   +49 30 327 024 52

1. DosLoadModule problem in OS/2 2.11

I have been told that there is a bug in DosLoadModule within OS/2 2.11 which
means that it is unable to map the process space when two processes attempt
to dynamically load the same .DLL.

Apparently this has been fixed in Warp, but the client who is having this problem
is not read to move to Warp ( :-( ), so does anyone know if this was fixed with
a CSD for 2.11 or is the only solution to move to Warp?

If you have any suggestions (sensible please! :-) ) then please e-mail me,
thanks in advance.

Darren.

2. Windows 2000pro SP2 continual shut down problem.

3. using DosLoadModule when LIBRARY name is different to DLL name

4. Picture in AD?

5. DosLoadModule( "are.long.names.ok.dll" )

6. Backing up Discussion threads

7. DosLoadModule API ?

8. 3rd Conference on Object-Oriented Technologies and Systems (COOTS) - Conference Program

9. DosLoadModule weirdness - HELP!

10. Undocumented error from DosLoadModule: HELP!

11. DosLoadModule - and use PMWIN.DLL?

12. ERROR_INIT_ROUTINE_FAILED from DosLoadModule

13. How to make DLL with BC++ so that it can be loaded with DosLoadModule?