Lan Server and Lan Distance Reporting Utilities

Lan Server and Lan Distance Reporting Utilities

Post by Geof Newt » Wed, 02 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Both Lan Server and Lan Distance are noticeably lacking in their ability
to do summary reporting, account breakdowns, etc.  Has anyone written
utilites to:
        -- summarize the information in the messy audit files created by
Lan Distance?
        -- give decent reports for Lan Server like crosstab report of
users and their aliases or all users assigned to a particular alias, etc.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Thanks in advance ... :) gn

Lan Server and Lan Distance Reporting Utilities

Post by cn.. » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Both Lan Server and Lan Distance are noticeably lacking in their ability
>to do summary reporting, account breakdowns, etc.  Has anyone written
>utilites to:
>    -- summarize the information in the messy audit files created by
>Lan Distance?
>    -- give decent reports for Lan Server like crosstab report of
>users and their aliases or all users assigned to a particular alias, etc.?

Our NetPM product provides several reports on LAN Server 3.0.4.0 domains. Additionally, we are
always looking for additional report formats.

NetPM provides a _fast_ management interface along with more features than the free LS4 NetGUI
interface.

NetPM is capable of managing the domain from any OS/2 workstation, including Warp Connect Peer
servers. It also works well across LAN Distance connections. Remote management of Warp Connect
Peer servers within the domain will be supported in a release slated for later this nonth.

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carl Neal                             |                   OS/2 LAN Server Tools

Creative Assistance Software          |                 WatchLogon -- WhoAmI/PM

1. Please help Lan Distance over Lan Server 3.0

:
:

I have heard that the Etherlink III cards do not run in promiscuous mode.
You will have to get a different adapter.  I think that some of the
older 3com cards will run in promiscuous mode, and the IBM adapters will
too.  I am sure that IBM has a list of supported adapters, but I do not
know where to look for it...

Robert Floyd

2. *writers/seeking/publication

3. 8.1.7 Make file errors on Red Hat AS 2.1

4. New Release of LAN Intensive Care Utilities 1.4 for LAN Server

5. Revo "My Phone" on 5mx???

6. LAN Distance Server in Warp Server

7. SMS 2.0 ans SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition

8. LAN Distance remote setup dialing into a Shiva LAN Rover

9. Lan Distance and Shiva Lan Rover

10. Remote LAN Access/LAN Distance

11. Lan distance - 2 Lan cards