Looking for PM programming book...Sorry if FAQ

Post by David Well » Sun, 12 Feb 1995 11:35:39

>    I installed the copy of gnat Ada for os2 today, and got the PM
>bindings for it as well. Now after programming in dos (at uni) I would
>like to write native os/2 programs using the PM bindings. Could someone
>direct me to some documentation on writing(setting up) simple os/2 windows..

>    When I say documentation, maybe a PM FAQ, or a good book, or such.

First, this is actually one of those posts where you should have
crossposted to comp.os.os2.programmer.misc (don't worry, I've taken
care of it).  The book I used (which gave me sufficient information)
was "OS/2 2.1 Workplace Shell Programming" by Stefano Maruzzi.
Oddly, the book is more about PM programming than the WPS.  There are
critics of the book, citing errors, etc.  There are other PM
programming books out there, but I'm not familiar with the titles.
I'm sure somebody from c.o.o.p.m will have something to say. :-)

--
      Frustrated with C, C++, Pascal, Fortran?  Ada95 _might_ be for you!
          For all sorts of interesting Ada95 tidbits, run the command:

1. Books - Looking for a book regarding VisualAge C++ programming......

Hello -
        I am learning to use the tools available with the VisualAge C++ 3.0
compiler.  I am looking for a book (other than the books that came
with the software) that covers the Visual Builder etc in more depth.
If anyone could recommend a book, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for your help......

Kent.

2. ole automation c++

3. Check Book Program (looking for)

4. Initiate Sync Negotiation???

5. C++ Programming Book for OS/2 2.x PM

6. Newbie question - backup mail server

7. Looking for WPS programming book

8. FS Expanded Amiga 1200 (UK)

9. Which good PM programming books are out there?

10. Best books for PM programming?

11. Recommendations for PM programming book

12. Good books on PM graphics programming

13. Book for Warp-PM-programming