SyQuest EZ135 Drive SCSI & OS/2

Post by rlpe.. » Thu, 07 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Does the SCSI drive work with OS/2 Warp?  Does it come with the necessary
drivers or does OS/2 have them?  Any comments or installation advice would
be welcome.

Rich Perry

Post by a.. » Fri, 08 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>Does the SCSI drive work with OS/2 Warp?  Does it come with the necessary
>drivers or does OS/2 have them?  Any comments or installation advice would
>be welcome.

>Rich Perry

I would also like to hear anything anyone has to say about the EZDrive. Whether
it's about SCSI or IDE; how it compares with the Zip drive (I already know it's
faster and provides greater capacity); and how well works with Warp. Thanks!

Post by dave anders » Sat, 07 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: >Does the SCSI drive work with OS/2 Warp?  Does it come with the necessary
: >drivers or does OS/2 have them?  Any comments or installation advice would
: >be welcome.
: >
: >
: I would also like to hear anything anyone has to say about the EZDrive. Whether
: it's about SCSI or IDE; how it compares with the Zip drive (I already know it's
: faster and provides greater capacity); and how well works with Warp. Thanks!

Come with (useless) drivers.  doesn't support 'hot-swapping'. gotta
reboot to change disks. :(  Just got off the phone with SyQuest.  They
are woking on 'real' drivers, though :)
other than that, I like them.  can't find disks,but can't find Zip disks
either. :)
 --

Dave

                                                  /      The Think Tank   \
                                                  [      (516)427-3775    ]
                                                  [_____ "Your Home/2"____]
                                                  [***********************]

SyQuest EZ135 Drive SCSI & OS/2

Post by Hiroshi KIMU » Wed, 11 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Some correction to my article.

I did smoe experiments on the EZ for these several days and found
it's useful for me.

I own SCSI version and using it with Warp.

By using Syquest's driver, we can change the cartridge without
re-boot regardless the cartridge format; (either Super FD or HD
compatible - FAT).

In my environment, Super FD mode and HD mode cann't co-exist;
supposed we can, though.

Now I'm using EZ in HD compatible mode and found speed is much
faster than in Super FD mode. Now it's quick as old HD.

One inconvenient is we can not make HD-Compatible cartridge
(re-patition) without re-boot. When you get a new cartridge,
you need a re-boot to make the cartridge useful.

We can format the cartridge either in FAT or HPFS.
With HPFS, EZ is much faster but you can not change the cartridge
without re-boot (It's the limitation of OS/2). It's too bad...

Hope we can use HPFS even for removable media in Warp2...

//--from--------------------------------------------------------------------
//

//
//  1291 Enclave cir. #1903    fax:+1-817-277-9399       Ma ta ne!

//
//  Univ. of TEXAS at Arlington - Energy System Research Center
//  Team OS/2 - NPS WPS Enhancer for all OS/2 users!

1. OS/2 won't format Syquest EZ135 SCSI Cartridges?

I have a Syquest EZ135 SCSI external drive connected to an ULTRASTOR VLB 34F controller.  I have
followed all of Syquest's installation and tech support instructions verbatim.  However, OS/2 will
not format the Syquest cartridges.

The following error message is returned after the format command is given:

        SYS1218: Track 0 cannot be formatted.
        SYS1279: The format was unsuccessful.

OS/2 views these catridges as large floppies but won't let you format them as such.  I would appreciate
it if anyone has a suggestion for solving this problem.

Thanks,

Ray

2. Optional args and newcommand question

3. Syquest EZ135 SCSI supported?

4. Relative URL's and anonymous browsing in IIS 4

5. EZ135 Syquest (SCSI) fixed

6. defragmenting

7. Syquest EZ135 External SCSI Q's

8. Corel CD Creator 2 - error writing TOC

9. EZ135 Syquest (SCSI) (?)-HELP?

10. SYQUEST EZ135 DRIVE CRASHES!!!!!!!

11. SyQuest EZ135 VS. Iomega Zip Drive

12. Merlin & Syquest EZ135 IDE won't install

13. Syquest & IOMega: Should I buy a ZIP drive now or wait for SyQuest?