Can dos/win print to tcp/ip printer?

Post by Michael C. Cambri » Wed, 22 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I have an OS2 system setup to print to a TCP/IP printer.  I now need to have
at least Win-OS2 programs and maybe also DOS print also.  I can't seem to find
a way to configure this.

I'm using Warp Connect, but we also have plain Warp systems with TCP/IP Base
Kit + DOS/Win access Kit.  Someone has figured out a way to use OS2 Peer to
let Win print to the TCP printer.  We need a solution which is pure TCP/IP so
the non Warp Connect systems can do it too.

Thanks for any hints.
Mike

Post by scoop » Thu, 23 May 1996 04:00:00

: I'm using Warp Connect, but we also have plain Warp systems with TCP/IP Base
: Kit + DOS/Win access Kit.  Someone has figured out a way to use OS2 Peer to
: let Win print to the TCP printer.  We need a solution which is pure TCP/IP so
: the non Warp Connect systems can do it too.

Setup LPRMON in the configuration, then connect lpt1: to the lprmon. What
LPRMON does is to take all output scheduled for the printer port and
redirects it to the lpd queue you have setup. For Win/OS2, be sure to
have your printer pointing to lpt1.os2, instead of anything else.

Scott Cooper

Can dos/win print to tcp/ip printer?

Post by ncla.. » Thu, 23 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>I have an OS2 system setup to print to a TCP/IP printer.  I now need to have
>at least Win-OS2 programs and maybe also DOS print also.  I can't seem to find
>a way to configure this.

>I'm using Warp Connect, but we also have plain Warp systems with TCP/IP Base
>Kit + DOS/Win access Kit.  Someone has figured out a way to use OS2 Peer to
>let Win print to the TCP printer.  We need a solution which is pure TCP/IP so
>the non Warp Connect systems can do it too.

>Thanks for any hints.
>Mike

Look for a program called lprmon. It comes with connect and may have
been in tcp/ip 2 as well. It monitors the lpt and redirects the
print queue to a remote LPR.

Nigel J. Clarke
NASA Tracking Station BDA
Ph: (441) 293-1142 Fax: (441) 293-6955

1. Virtual TCP/IP dos - what dos tcp/ip?

I am currently running multitasking dos applications under desqview that
use the pc/tcp tcp/ip-kernel. I have also versions of the software that
use packet-drivers. I would love to switch the unreliable desqview into
os/2, however the tcp/ip access in the dos-boxes is absolutely vital.
What kind of dos tcp/ip does os/2 support? I know pc/tcp has a product
for os/2, does it support the pc/tcp dos kernel is dos sessions?

The dos applications are written using pc/tcp devkit 2.3.

any help would be appriciated

rasmus
real men don't use .signatures

2. bos 4.5

3. Problem printing to unix printer with TCP/IP

4. Viewing Samba server with WIN95/NT

5. How to print to TCP/IP printer

6. Wanted: VAX or microVax in the UK

7. Can Warp 4 print directly to network-printer on tcp-ip?

8. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (6/7) [Frequent posting]

9. How do I print to a remote TCP/IP printer ?

10. Printing To A Network Printer using TCP/IP

11. Can't print to TCP/IP network printer

12. smb & tcp/ip printer not printing

13. Printing to a USB printer from a DOS or Win/OS2 session