LIBPNG

Post by John Poltora » Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:00:49

What is the latest version of LIBPNG for OS/2?

LIBPNG

Post by Jeff Robinso » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:11:10

> What is the latest version of LIBPNG for OS/2?

Hi John,

I was able to compile libpng 1.25 to a dll virtually out of the box with
the makefile.os2 and .def file that are included in the basic
distribution.  The only outside requirement seems to be a reasonably
recent zlib.

I'm using the stock UX2BS install and gcc 3.2.1

Jeff

LIBPNG

Post by John Poltora » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:28:29

>> What is the latest version of LIBPNG for OS/2?

> Hi John,

> I was able to compile libpng 1.25 to a dll virtually out of the box
> with the makefile.os2 and .def file that are included in the basic
> distribution.  The only outside requirement seems to be a reasonably
> recent zlib.

Which ZLIB?
Quote:> I'm using the stock UX2BS install and gcc 3.2.1

> Jeff

LIBPNG

Post by Jeff Robinso » Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:07:38

>>> What is the latest version of LIBPNG for OS/2?

>> Hi John,

>> I was able to compile libpng 1.25 to a dll virtually out of the box
>> with the makefile.os2 and .def file that are included in the basic
>> distribution.  The only outside requirement seems to be a reasonably
>> recent zlib.

> Which ZLIB?

The README suggests anything 1.0.4 or newer, though of course it is
recommended to use something like 1.1.4 or later 'cause of a security
concern with earlier zlib versions.

It looks like I used the zlib that comes with XFree86 v4 (I had it on my
system at them time and just wanted to do a quick try).  I'm not exactly
certain what version it is, but its creation date is 2003-02-27.