How to create an instant "crash" of WebExplorer (SYS3175)

Post by Larry Ros » Sat, 06 Apr 1996 04:00:00

(Melvin Klassen) writes:
>>How to crash WebExplorer (Version 1.03), in three easy steps:

>>1. Open the URL:  http://www.canoe.ca/Money/home.html
>>2. Watch it load.
>>3. Click on 'GO'.

>>Observe the 'SYS3175' window, and "access violation in WEBEXWIN.DLL".

>Confirmed for WebExplorer ver. 1.1 (secure) also.

I tried it and it works fine.  I've benn using WebExplorer for almost two
years, it has never crashed or even gliched.  I've used every version since
1.01 and now using 1.1.

The most annoying thing about WebEx for me is the inability to make a text
selection for copying or printing (although even in Netscape it lets me select
a portion of a page but it won't let me print only the selection, it's greyed
out in the print box and forces me to print the whole page.

Am I missing somthing?

Larry Rosen
AT&T Consumer Services Labs

          /^>
     ____/  \____
    /            \
   / / /      \ \ \
  /\/\/\/\  /\/\/\/\
         /  \
        /\/\/\

Post by wel.. » Mon, 15 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>(Melvin Klassen) writes:
>>>How to crash WebExplorer (Version 1.03), in three easy steps:

>>>1. Open the URL:  http://www.canoe.ca/Money/home.html
>>>2. Watch it load.
>>>3. Click on 'GO'.

>>>Observe the 'SYS3175' window, and "access violation in WEBEXWIN.DLL".

>>Confirmed for WebExplorer ver. 1.1 (secure) also.

I get SYS3175 while using WebEx1.03b. Occurs most often when clicking on
backward button.

(I am using fp17)

Possible cause is the Swapper.dat filling up (WebEx can build up the file
quickly), but I would expect a more direct error message from the OS, not a
red herring like sys3175.

Hope someone can tell us what is going on.

Peter Welch

1. Help: Desktop has 4 "folder" objects in "Create another"

Help!  My desktop will display 4 "folder" objects in the menu for any folder
under the "Create another" choice.  Normally, I would not care but 3 of these
"folder" choices do not work!  Moreover, any program that tries to create a
desktop folder, (such as any of the initialization routines for the IAK,
ifolder.exe, for example) does not work.

Anyone have an idea or solution?
Thanks in advance.
Todd Piersall

2. Schema Question

3. Ultimail "settings" error in "Letter Create Options"

4. Java in Netscape for Solaris 2.4?

5. Filename "lpt7", "com1" and "nul"

6. Help! - What's the best way to debug a PL-SQL program?

7. Lost "Shutdown", "Lockup" & "System Setup" Options

8. Atari 8-bit Tech Notes

9. WebExplorer bug in Version 1.1g ('PRINT' causes a "crash")

10. WebExplorer crashes on "division by zero"

11. Lost the Ability to use "Create Another" and to Create Templates

12. status = execlp("uzip4os2.exe", "c:\\in\\prot\\", "-o -j -q", zipFile);

13. Novastor "instant Recovery" problem??