emacs && mime && shownonascii ?

Post by lamba.. » Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm using emacs and RMAIL to read my mail. In order to be able to
read MIME mail I installed the Metamail package. This works acceptable for
multipart Mime-encoded mail. I'm able to save the binaries that I receive
as attachments.

However, I have a problem with text mail. At the beginning of each mail I
get the following error message:

SYS1041: shownonascii ist weder ein interner oder externer Befehl, noch ein
ausf hrbares Programm oder eine Stapeldatei.

(Sorry, I'm using a german OS/2, it means that shownonascii is not there).

The umlauts in the message are corrupted.

In the header of the messages are the following lines

Ok, shownonascii IS  NOT THERE. AFAIK it's a unix-script that prints text
using the correct font (for umlauts etc.)

I didn't find a shownonascii for OS/2 [didn't expect it 8-) ]

But, is there a possibility to get those messages with umlauts correct
shown with emacs and rmail?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Armin

"Ich sag' nicht viel, aber was ich sag' ist Quatsch." (Pippi Langstrumpf)

"He, der Kerl hat 'ne Meise, aber Rueckenwind!" (thomas d)

emacs && mime && shownonascii ?

Post by Joerg Des » Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>I'm using emacs and RMAIL to read my mail. In order to be able to
>read MIME mail I installed the Metamail package. This works acceptable for
>multipart Mime-encoded mail. I'm able to save the binaries that I receive
>as attachments.

I think it should be much easier (and better) to change to Gnus or VM.
Both are supported by an package called TM. This Add-On handles all the
MIME stuff.

There is also a Emacs + MIME page on the web. I don't remember the URL,
just use a search-engine with the above keywords.

--

1. MWAVE && OS/2 && Aptive A50??

How does one install sound(modem, fax, etc...) support for an MWave onto Warp
Connect Red?

Where do I get the drivers and how do I install them?

I've gotten stuff from the device driver repository, but I get nothing but a quick
beep on boot.

Help.  Reply via e-mail if possible.

Thanks.

--
Elan Freydenson
http://www.lehigh.edu/~elf2

2. Can pine send custom MIME types?

3. Question About PC Pursuit and MNP

4. && USB Flash Memory Drive && << 2GB, 1GB >>

5. ARC, ARCX Needed!

6. WPS && dragging && multiple files

7. Used Quark 4 indexing and table of contents features?

8. Netscape & Warp3 & Drap&Drop

9. Colorado backup for OS/2 & Jumbo 1400 & FC-20 & P5-120 ?

10. USR modem & twinsock & tcpman & quicklink FREEZES OS2 Warp

11. FaxWorks & IBMWorks & Drag & Drop

12. Lexmark Printer&copier&fax&scanner